Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Put down the Dremel!

Feedback Score
    What bothers me most about these things in not knowing what happens to the screwed up parts when babba gets finished. You know this gentleman will eventually find out he screwed up. Do you think he is going to throw that bolt away? No way-he is going to do some refinishing and put it up for sale. Some unsuspecting person is going to buy a bolt that has been ruined. How long before he/she finds out they have been cheated?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Airhasz View Post
    I surprised he didn't locate an arbor press..."is just has to be a press fit"...
    Do you think his gunsmithing skills are so advanced?
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Another example of an amateur (I hope it's OK to call him an amateur, but I don't want to insult amateurs) telling a professional that he knows better than the professional:

"You only have worked with these firearms everyday for years and years, what do you know!?" - Super-expert, part-time, three weekends-a-year gunsmith

Why is it that someone can see their dad take apart a shotgun and put it back together in 1962 and think they know everything there is to know about gunsmithing?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Well Grant, You'll probably hear from him in the near future complaining that the bolt you sold him is really a POS since it won't eject the casings after ,unbeknownst to him, he assembled his BCG with the extractor facing the other side.

ETA: Remember gentlemen, if it wasn't for the legions of "Expert Dremelers", the spare parts business would be down a few points in net profits!
    Last edited by 3 AE; 08-07-13 at 20:24.

Feedback Score
    I seem to recall a story a while back (cannot remember where, might have been Ayoob who wrote it) about people attempting to convert .38 Special revolvers to .357 using a hand drill to allow .357 to fit in the cylinder.

Feedback Score
    Here's Your Sign!!!!!
    When seconds count, the Police are just minutes away!!

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    RE: Light Sabers

Unfortunately, there will be delays. The last shipment was batch-tested (contract called for individual inspection), and several of the activation assemblies were improperly-staked.

AC
    I did hear something about this. I heard the hilts were improperly sized for the Hurrikaine crystal causing containment field issues.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    This seems to be the issue of the day. Hilton Yam has an article up today on Modern Service Weapons about the Dremel.

http://modernserviceweapons.com/?p=4147

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    This seems to be the issue of the day. Hilton Yam has an article up today on Modern Service Weapons about the Dremel.

http://modernserviceweapons.com/?p=4147
    That's an interesting read. I recently bobbed the tail off of my M&P9. After I cut off the biggest chunk of plastic with you guessed it: a Dremel, I quickly realized that I could not use the Dremel to finely shape the area as I wanted and ended up having to use a file to do the rest of the work.

With regard to the original story that Grant related, it's never even occurred to me to try to stick the cam pin through the bolt from the wrong side. I had no idea it wouldn't fit. I learned something new today.
    Last edited by SteveL; 08-07-13 at 22:38.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I guess we should be careful for a while about buying any AR bolts from individuals on the marketplace here.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast