Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bushmaster C15 5.56/.22 combo

Feedback Score

Bushmaster C15 5.56/.22 combo

I'm looking for some advice or reviews of the Bushmaster C15 combo.
    Is there anyone that can guide me on this.
    I recently purchased an AR style Mossberg International 715T .22 and believe it to be a POS because the sights are so bad it's incapable of being sighted in for more than 50 yards. I'm very dissatisfied with it and want to avoid buying something else that may also be a POS.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungho View Post
    want to avoid buying something else that may also be a POS.
    Then avoid BM. You can always buy a quality AR such as: BCM, Daniel Defense, LaRue, Colt, Noveske, or KAC. There are .22 uppers you can buy to put on the lower so you can shoot 5.56 and .22 utilizing the same lower. I would suggest you read the stickies as there is an abundant amount of info. that will help you in the AR world.

I would also ask what is the purpose of the rifle. If it is a home defense and may have to stake your and/or your families life on then the above rifles are the way to go. If it is just to take out and plink a couple of times a yr., then a lower grade AR such as Stag or S&W may fit the bill.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6933 View Post
    Then avoid BM. You can always buy a quality AR such as: BCM, Daniel Defense, LaRue, Colt, Noveske, or KAC. There are .22 uppers you can buy to put on the lower so you can shoot 5.56 and .22 utilizing the same lower. I would suggest you read the stickies as there is an abundant amount of info. that will help you in the AR world.

I would also ask what is the purpose of the rifle. If it is a home defense and may have to stake your and/or your families life on then the above rifles are the way to go. If it is just to take out and plink a couple of times a yr., then a lower grade AR such as Stag or S&W may fit the bill.
    This is sage.

Feedback Score

Re: Bushmaster C15 5.56/.22 combo

Run a search for Carbon 15. I've seen a few ugly pics of the plastic receivers busted up.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by .46caliber View Post
    Run a search for Carbon 15. I've seen a few ugly pics of the plastic receivers busted up.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Thank you for the specific feedback. Would anyone else be able to tell me WHY I shouldn't buy the BM? Please be specific.

As for what it's going to be used for; hunting and self-defense. I would just like to know what the problem is with the BM......

I'm new to the site......what are stickys?
    Last edited by Gungho; 08-07-13 at 12:58.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Bushmaster would be the wrong way to go, and the C15 is a bad choice, even for a Bushmaster.

You can go the .22 upper route, but IMHO the M&P 15-22 at under $500 has to be one of the best deals going for a .22 cal AR trainer.

ETA: Do a search on this site using the orange search button at the top, keyword "Bushmaster". Here, let me do it for you....

https://www.m4carbine.net/gtsearch.p...1664j446690j10

It's a lot of reading. On a site like this with a lot of long time users, mfgrs, and Subject Matter Experts, you won't find a lot of love for that brand or for consumer-grade price-point rifles in general.
    Last edited by Hmac; 08-07-13 at 13:01.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQ2zEv1ukzyH_aeFG6-amwPk7CUBz7b4URcTQ8lFFl-LOLSDkQ

"BRD, much like the Wutang clan, is nothing to f@ck with"

Feedback Score
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=7376

have fun reading.

Just a side note - If you're going to be offended by the opinions expressed here concerning said product, then this place isn't for you.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skijunkie55 View Post
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=7376

have fun reading.

Just a side note - If you're going to be offended by the opinions expressed here concerning said product, then this place isn't for you.
    I'm sorry, I'm not offended by anything on here; I'm just looking for opinions......not sure what made you think I was offended but I'm not, thank you.
    I'm just wanting some specific info on the BM C15 Combo. The combo aspect is what is attracting me for $1,035.
    As I say, I'm new to the AR world and need some guidance. I.E. do they misfire a lot? do they jam a lot? are they inaccurate? do they have a major flaw? Those sort of things.
    The only thing I would ask is that if you reply please don't use abbreviations for manufactures because I don't understand them.
    And if someone would like to tell me what 'stickys' are I would be happy to go read them.
    Thanks again.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungho View Post
    I'm sorry, I'm not offended by anything on here; I'm just looking for opinions......not sure what made you think I was offended but I'm not, thank you.
    I'm just wanting some specific info on the BM C15 Combo. The combo aspect is what is attracting me for $1,035.
    As I say, I'm new to the AR world and need some guidance. I.E. do they misfire a lot? do they jam a lot? are they inaccurate? do they have a major flaw? Those sort of things.
    The only thing I would ask is that if you reply please don't use abbreviations for manufactures because I don't understand them.
    And if someone would like to tell me what 'stickys' are I would be happy to go read them.
    Thanks again.
    You will find that reviewing the various Bushmaster threads yourself allows you to distill a conglomeration of opinions from users of this site rather than just getting spoon-fed an opinion from one or two responders in this thread.

skijunkie55 mentions the possibility of getting butt-hurt because it is a common theme on this site....a newbie comes on asking about their Bushmaster, gets shot down for a bad choice, then they leave in a huff because they didn't get the validation and reinforcement that they were looking for.

The stickies referred to:

https://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=4
    https://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast