Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally got to see a Troy rifle.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Finally got to see a Troy rifle.

I got to look at the complete Troy rifle for the first time today. I was excited to finally see them, despite the fact that they've gone up in price since leaving Dick's Sporting Goods (they now retail for $1,399, as opposed to $1,100). Unfortunately I was quite disappointed when I looked at the BCG's.

These are from three separate rifles. Doesn't exactly give me a warm and fuzzy...

"Remember, if it doesn't violate the BYU Honor Code, it's not worth doing"
    -Daniel Tosh

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by F-Trooper05 View Post
    I got to look at the complete Troy rifle for the first time today. I was excited to finally see them, despite the fact that they've gone up in price since leaving Dick's Sporting Goods (they now retail for $1,399, as opposed to $1,100). Unfortunately I was quite disappointed when I looked at the BCG's.

These are from three separate rifles. Doesn't exactly give me a warm and fuzzy... ]
    No it certainly doesn't. That's a pretty lame attempt at staking.

Feedback Score

sad attempt

I agree, WEAK attempt. While one could stake it themselves, it shouldn't be necessary at that price. In addition, the pics don't make that appear to be a full auto carrier. While not a huge function issue, at that price, the bolt carrier group should be 100% milspec. The melonite coated barrel intrigues me, but Troy has not divulged who makes there barrels, by which process, and from which cmv flavor. I have not heard that they are making their own major components. Until such EXACT info is no longer guarded under the logic of "proprietary process", I will only buy Troy sights and rails. While the person with whom I spoke at Troy was very nice and professional (I have no doubt their customer service is excellent), I did not like the lack of info regarding barrel questions. It isn't like they came up with a new magic barrel steel and barrel manufacturing process! For any business proud of their product......any product, they should be willing to divulge such info.....there is nothing on that rifle that is "proprietary"!
    Just my .02

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Why stake it at all if thats the best they can do?
    'Evil Minds That Plot Destruction'

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    No thank you..my old 900 dollar SW MP had way better staking than that

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I had a Troy carbine for a while. It had a Toolcraft full auto carrier and MP marked bolt. Had the Toolcraft cage code stamped in the carrier. Maybe they get BCGs from different suppliers based on availability.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kavants View Post
    I had a Troy carbine for a while. It had a Toolcraft full auto carrier and MP marked bolt. Had the Toolcraft cage code stamped in the carrier. Maybe they get BCGs from different suppliers based on availability.
    Regardless... thay should have rejected those carriers. If Troy was concerned about quality, they should have never seen the inside of a rifle. There is a Troy at an LGS (or at least it was there last week) so i will go check the staking on that carrier but either way, I don't think it is really going to persuade me to choose Troy over BCM, Colt, DD, LMT, Noveske.
    Last edited by midSCarolina; 08-06-13 at 10:24.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by F-Trooper05 View Post

Ew, Gross! I just threw up in my mouth a little. Forum policy states you should warn people at the top of your thread before posting disturbing/graphic images.
    Quote Originally Posted by skd_tactical View Post
    It's a shot in the dark ... I have a better chance of guessing when my wife will be mad for no reason.
    "If your not using an aimpoint, you need to take a ****ing piss test." -LAV

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Very discouraging to see, I purchased a Troy rifle during the Black Friday deal and my carrier has excellent staking and is a full-auto carrier. I have yet to encounter even a small hiccup, and I am about 2,500 rounds into it; it is actually a pretty accurate rifle too, I put a 3x ACOG on mine.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by midSCarolina View Post
    Regardless... thay should have rejected those carriers. If Troy was concerned about quality, they should have never seen the inside of a rifle. There is a Troy at an LGS (or at least it was there last week) so i will go check the staking on that carrier but either way, I don't think it is really going to persuade me to choose Troy over BCM, Colt, DD, LMT, Noveske.
    Oh, I agree. They are slipping for sure, just noting they didn't all come so poorly staked. At least in my case.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast