Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting Colt QC problems.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I have said this time and again and I stress this in the class all the time. No matter who makes your weapon, Colt, Noveske, LMT or even Paul from BCM himself, you should ALWAYS inspect your firearms.

If you can disassemble the weapon into basic groups and look for anything out of the ordinary or anything that is incorrect. If you don't like it then ask for another one and if they don't have another (and unless it is something minor) just walk away.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    IG is very right. That's why pilots always do a pre-flight. As good as we technicians want to be, occasionally we miss something. Still, it's embarrassing when a pilot finds it.

Quality control is in the hands of those who make the rifle. Quality cannot be added later. Inspectors can only assure the rifle is made right. I'll bet dollars to donuts that the assembler who missed those will be embarrassed no end when they find out
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Meplat View Post
    This is always a good idea. Most companies genuinely do try to make a good product, but they can be entirely in the dark if their consumers aren't vocal about their products and giving them feedback on what they can change and improve.
    This is right on the mark. A good company will try to turn these events into learning experiences and opportunities to improve. How did this happen, why did we miss it, what can we do to prevent it from happening in the future? Quality is an ongoing process.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've had Les Baer Police Special models come in that had castle nuts installed backwards. When I looked at their website, the stock photo shows the exact same thing. I don't think the Baer rifles are of high quality in the first place, but thought this was kinda funny. lol
    http://www.m4carbine.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=20651&dateline=1303766618

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Interesting Colt QC problems.

Except Baer does it on purpose and claims it to be an "improvement." Something about catching on gear...IG I think asked them about it years ago.
    Last edited by thopkins22; 08-08-13 at 03:08.

Feedback Score
    I've seen a brand new 6920 that had the crush washer (for the flash hider) on backwards. It was about 5 years ago.

Joe Mamma
    "Reliability above all else"
    NRA Certified Pistol and Rifle Instructor, Life Member
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Beretta & Sig Sauer Certified Pistol Armorer
    Colt Certified 1911 & AR-15/M16/M4 Law Enforcement Armorer

Feedback Score

Re: Interesting Colt QC problems.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBullet432 View Post
    i hope you added pics!! they dont lie!
    You say this in the Age of Photoshop?

Rascal

"You can never be too rich, too good looking, or too well armed"
    Rascal

"In every generation there are those who want to rule well - but they mean to rule. They promise to be good masters - but they mean to be masters." — Daniel Webster

Feedback Score
    Probably one of those chinese made Colts Wal-Mart sells....
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
    I've had Les Baer Police Special models come in that had castle nuts installed backwards. When I looked at their website, the stock photo shows the exact same thing. I don't think the Baer rifles are of high quality in the first place, but thought this was kinda funny. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by thopkins22 View Post
    Except Baer does it on purpose and claims it to be an "improvement." Something about catching on gear...IG I think asked them about it years ago.
    I think I remember this. They ran it in a catalog photo and when questioned over it they said it was requested by SWAT teams or some sort of LEO who preferred the set up that way so that they didn't scratch themselves on it or something along those lines.
    Anyone here ever been scratched by a castle nut? I know I haven't...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Colt or any manufacturer can and do make mistakes, but just remember that the owner could have been futzing around with it before he brought it to you to be dipped and painted.
    Native Texan

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast