Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Interesting Colt QC problems.

Feedback Score
    It kind of makes you wonder which AR manufactures (and their employees) that would happily go ahead and send an AR OTD anyway with something as simple as an end plate installed on backwards, missing a detent pin or anything else as a matter of fact if they actually noticed or knew about it?... I would hope to think Colt or other top tier AR mfgs wouldn't do this on purpose, just an honest mistake or QC miss.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    You can't expect a company to have a 1.000 batting average in the QC department. I don't care if it is BCM, Colt or KAC, eventually a mistake will happen and slip past someone.
    Not sure about you guys, but I'm only here for the free food and open bar.

Certified Smith & Wesson M&P Armorer
    Certified Glock Armorer

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Just as an FYI, I have TONS of customers that will ONLY BUY guns if no other human has touched them. So a store not letting you field strip a gun isn't that crazy to me.

C4
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    This has always rubbed me wrong. I have had customers flat out refuse a transfer because we opened the box to confirm the serial number.
    That just sounds ridiculous, customers like that you don't need IMO.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Yeah, I can't see an FFL that wouldn't want to at least confirm SN on a firearm. I almost bought a Glock 26 with 3 serial numbers once and it was new.

Certified Glock Armorer

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I purchased 4 6920's this year. 3 of them were go to go but one was a notably inferior to the others and had several "back to the factory" issues. Colt took care of the worst of the issues, a clearance issue in the upper receiver and left a few other issues "as is" claiming they met spec. As I mentioned the rifle is notably inferior to the other 3 and interestingly the earliest one, which dates "pre Sandy Hook", was notably superior to the other 3.

Don't get me wrong, the 4th gun works just fine, its was just a little disappointing when compared to the others.

FWIW...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bluejackets92fs View Post
    Yeah, I can't see an FFL that wouldn't want to at least confirm SN on a firearm. I almost bought a Glock 26 with 3 serial numbers once and it was new.
    I think that a FFL would have to open the box to confirm the serial number on the rifle matched the serial number on the box before entering the rifle into the FFL logbook. Humans box them up and they could easily put the wrong label on the box.

As long as the fiream does not look like someone at the gun shop took it apart, I don't have a problem with the FFL opening the box.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    I think that a FFL would have to open the box to confirm the serial number on the rifle matched the serial number on the box before entering the rifle into the FFL logbook. Humans box them up and they could easily put the wrong label on the box.

As long as the fiream does not look like someone at the gun shop took it apart, I don't have a problem with the FFL opening the box.
    Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Refusing transfer just because the box was opened is a little ridiculous. It's a Colt 6920, not a Kreigoff shotgun.

Certified Glock Armorer

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345