Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Skid Plate

Feedback Score
    Quite frankly, I doubt you'll find anyone here using it, or willing to admit to using one. I thought that's what rail covers were for. Try shooting around, under and through barricades & vehicles and you'll see this new widget has no practical need...at all, unless of course your a sniper . Another marketing gimmick in my opinion.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score

Re: Skid Plate

Just more sh*t to carry,I know it doesn't look heavy, but Oz.'s add up to pounds.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Seems like this would go better on a nice wood stock rifle the user didn't want to scratch up.

Feedback Score
    The way I look at it, if you want to try it, go for it. It's your money. Even if you're not going to be shooting at the talibani in wherethefudgeistan for a super secret squirrel team.
    Elections have consequences.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MK18Pilot View Post
    550 cord over the top of the hand guard? Probably not a good idea...
    Meh. Its done everyday.

Feedback Score

Re: Skid Plate

I appreciate all the replies. I am not worried about scratches on my rifle as it just adds to the character. What interested me was the claim of gripping on barricades. There are so many things that you can put on an AR and most of it is questionable so I wanted to run it by the pros here.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    These are not really intended for use on your typical AR rifle or carbine, not that you couldn't if you really wanted to. These are primarily for long range/precision rifles, bolt actions and AR-10 types. It's a little misleading showing it on an M4, as it wont be much help there.

You will find some precision/tactical rifle competitors using them as a pad for their rifle forearm while shooting off of barricades. It helps alleviate the recoil bounce that comes from resting the forearm on a hard surface, as well as allowing the shooter to load the rifle against the barricade due to the grip that the pad surface has. It has a purpose, but isn't really useful on your typical AR, maybe on a dedicated SPR or DMR rifle.

I have one for my bolt action, but haven't really had a chance to use it yet.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    If anyone bought this and wants to get rid of it, let me know.
    "Lions mustn't concern themselves with the opinions of lambs."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I see no use for that.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Covers up the vent holes on your handguard and adds more weight to your kit. Not for me but YMMV....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast