Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: First time firing my Colt

Feedback Score
    If we are talking about my post then I was shooting on a table with a cheap bipod and magpul sites. American eagle for the first 40 rounds and then remington .223 FMJ Aguila thats all I can find right now.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Tight Groups

Here is a no fail method for getting tight groups from any rifle. Shoot 20 shots. Throw out the 17 obvious fliers. Viola! A tight group! I call it the "Internet Method".

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suwannee Tim View Post
    Here is a no fail method for getting tight groups from any rifle. Shoot 20 shots. Throw out the 17 obvious fliers. Viola! A tight group! I call it the "Internet Method".

Classic - my favorite method

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Cool story, Bro.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My favorite method is to shoot 25 yard groups and post them as 200 yard groups

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If you want to check the accuracy potential of your carbine, here is what I suggest:

1) Find ammunition that has shot accurately in your model carbine for other shooters.

2) Ask the gray haired old bastard at the range who is tearing up the ten ring with his own iron sight rifle to shoot a group for you.

I would not have work done on the trigger. Clean your carbine, lube it, dry fire it and live fire it. After 1,000 rounds your trigger will be smoother and you will have developed better trigger control. Then you will see your groups tighten up.
    Last edited by T2C; 08-14-13 at 09:27.

Feedback Score

Ummm, No.

Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    That sounds about right... But you should be floating the target at that range. This ain't a pistol at pistol ranges! If you cover the target with a 6 moa post at 300 you are looking at covering 18" of the target. Look hard at the target and less at the sight. GH
    Do just the opposite. Focus intently on the front sight. The target should be a blur.

Once you have identified the target and made the decision to fire, your optical focus should be on the front sight.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123