Thread: Lower Parts Kit

Feedback Score

Lower Parts Kit

A question concerning LPK's. I have read on this site that different mfg's differ in quality and some look better than others. That doesn't tell me a whole lot.

What does the TDP say on LPK's, are they MIM parts or are they machined from steel bar stock??

Also, from the various mfg's of LPK's, how are they made and from what??

Thanks,

Gunsouth

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Just get the CMT/Stag LPK, it is the best standard LPK that I have found.

Feedback Score
    Thanks MHMILLS for the reply.

I was hoping for more input.

Feedback Score
    I've put together a lot of AR's and have used a lot of LPKs. IMO it comes down to QC mostly, although you can see and feel a difference in the actual quality of parts between actual Colt or LMT parts and the rest. I've never had an issue with Colt LPs but have with everyone else. So if you wanna save money go with CMT/stag i've had a lot less issues with them than RRA or worse yet DPMS. SAW has the Colt parts which are expensive and I believe Grant has the LMT's. I haven't used an LMT LPK other than when I stripped one of their lowers and it seemed as nice as the Colt's but not having used them new I can't tell you how often they will put out a bad piece or two. I have said it before I will pay the Colt price to have a kit I know will go into a lower well and know that i have quality parts in my gun. I hate having to use a spare pivot pin or bolt catch or have to place an order for one because the kit i used was out of spec. This might not matter to a lot of people but it's kind of a pet peeve of mine.YMMV

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I recently put in a DPMS LPK and I HATED the pull. I was turned on to the $10 spring kit from JP Enterprises and the improvement was vast.
    Between two groups of people who want to make inconsistent kinds of worlds, I see no remedy but force. - Oliver Wendell Holmes.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I just bought a DPMS LPK by mistake. I'm debating whether or not it's worth selling it for the $50 it cost me or if it's just easier to throw it in the canal behind the house.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    ...I believe Grant has the LMT's.
    You may want to check with C4IGrant to see if G&R is still offering the LMT LPKs described here.
    KintlaLake
    KintlaLake Blog

"Blasphemy is an epithet bestowed by superstition upon common sense." (Robert Green Ingersoll)

Feedback Score
    Anyone use Armalite's LPK?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I just bought a DPMS LPK by mistake. I'm debating whether or not it's worth selling it for the $50 it cost me or if it's just easier to throw it in the canal behind the house.
    LOL the canal is where all those DPMS LPK's belong but I don't want to see you out of $50. There is plenty of people on TOS who think DPMS is GTG although maybe that wouldn't be the nicest thing to sell somebody for your own conscience. You could do what I did, The only rifle I have with a DPMS LPK in it is a beater I use to test stuff on, although the only crap parts on that gun is the LPK which once I took a little off the pivot and takedown pins and changed the bolt catch has been OK.

Feedback Score
    how can I tell what lpk I have? aside from packaging (it was built)