Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 77

Thread: Buy Em Cheap and Stack em Deep

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NOVA
    Posts
    1,178
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

    Buy Em Cheap and Stack em Deep

    This is even more important for those about to have a ban go into effect later this year.

    PSA has Built Lowers for $199. You cannot even build them this cheap using decent parts.

    No one can bitch durring the next ban/runup that they didn't have a chance to buy a few more.

    http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...-magazine.html

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,368
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TurretGunner View Post
    This is even more important for those about to have a ban go into effect later this year.

    PSA has Built Lowers for $199. You cannot even build them this cheap using decent parts.

    No one can bitch durring the next ban/runup that they didn't have a chance to buy a few more.

    http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...-magazine.html
    What if I want an actual mil-spec receiver extension and an H buffer?

    Does PSA ever let you pay a little bit more for an upgrade instead of paying for parts I don't want and then replacing them later?
    The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is that Good Men Do Nothing

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,602
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    What if I want an actual mil-spec receiver extension and an H buffer?

    Does PSA ever let you pay a little bit more for an upgrade instead of paying for parts I don't want and then replacing them later?
    "Machined from Aluminum Forgings 7075-T6

    Hardcoat Anodizing: MIL-A-8625F, Type III, Class 2

    Milspec Diameter Receiver Extension

    Magpul MOE Stock

    Magpul MOE Polymer Trigger Guard

    Magpul MOE Pistol Grip

    Staked M4 Lock Nut

    Standard Carbine buffer

    Un-notched Hammer compatible with 9mm use

    Caliber: Multi"

    --

    I guess you'll have to source your own H-buffer...
    never push a wrench...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,368
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ra2bach View Post
    "Machined from Aluminum Forgings 7075-T6

    Hardcoat Anodizing: MIL-A-8625F, Type III, Class 2

    Milspec Diameter Receiver Extension

    Magpul MOE Stock

    Magpul MOE Polymer Trigger Guard

    Magpul MOE Pistol Grip

    Staked M4 Lock Nut

    Standard Carbine buffer

    Un-notched Hammer compatible with 9mm use

    Caliber: Multi"

    --

    I guess you'll have to source your own H-buffer...
    "Milspec diameter" IS NOT milspec. It is simply the same diameter as milspec.

    That's why they don't simply call it milspec, and that is why they don't list what it is made from. Because I guarantee it's 6061 or similar, and not the 7075 that is milspec.

    Please read more carefully.
    Last edited by Warp; 08-16-13 at 08:10.
    The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is that Good Men Do Nothing

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    71
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    It says mil spec diameter receiver extension, that would only leave you having to replace the buffer and spring. To me that seems like a pretty good deal. Even if it came with a h buffer, many would still replace it with heavier weight buffers. Ymmv though!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Cypress, TX
    Posts
    636
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    this would be perfect for a 22LR build.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,368
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by roboa89 View Post
    It says mil spec diameter receiver extension, that would only leave you having to replace the buffer and spring. To me that seems like a pretty good deal. Even if it came with a h buffer, many would still replace it with heavier weight buffers. Ymmv though!
    "mil spec diameter" is not milspec.

    That is why they say "milspec diameter" and not simply milspec.

    That is why they don't tell you what it is made of.

    Because I guarantee it's 6061, or similar, and not 7075-T6.

    That is why I asked if PSA, for people who choose to have the part be the stronger milspec material, allows for an upgrade instead of buying an entirely new part.

    This is why marketing departments exist. To knowingly and intentionally mislead people into believing they are buying something they are not, without ever actually lying. It's all about what you say, and what you don't say.
    The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is that Good Men Do Nothing

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    71
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Gotcha warp, didn't catch that. Yea I'd agree about having your own options on parts. Still nice to see parts, gear, etc becoming available again though.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,368
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by roboa89 View Post
    Gotcha warp, didn't catch that. Yea I'd agree about having your own options on parts. Still nice to see parts, gear, etc becoming available again though.
    It is VERY nice to see.

    Pretty much everything but ammo is back, and ammo is continuing to (slowly) trend downward in price.

    What I couldn't believe was BCM BCG's being in stock for $190 for DAYS at Ranier Arms recently. Those, and the PSA lowers/PMAG deals, and PSA complete rifles with Aimpoint PRO's for $1k, have been the most shockingly-good deals I've seen recently.
    The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is that Good Men Do Nothing

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    IN
    Posts
    303
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    "Milspec diameter" IS NOT milspec. It is simply the same diameter as milspec.

    That's why they don't simply call it milspec, and that is why they don't list what it is made from. Because I guarantee it's 6061 or similar, and not the 7075 that is milspec.

    Please read more carefully.
    I have asked them about this before, the only true mil spec 7075-t6 buffer tube is their premium tube.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    434
    Feedback Score
    0
    Clue me in on the point of collecting lowers. Just curious

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    284
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Because lowers can be built into rifles..?

    It seems like lowers, LPK's, and BCG's have been tne hardest items to get during the "panics".

    If you look around you can find LMT defender and BCM blem lowers in stock right now. They are more expensive than the PSA lowers suggested but there are no questions about their quality.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northeast Colorado
    Posts
    146
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by nml View Post
    Clue me in on the point of collecting lowers. Just curious
    The lower is the part that is considered the firearm and has the serial number. As you probably know, you have to get your lower from someone with a Federal Firearms License. This is a registered purchase (in that it says you purchased a long gun, it won't specifically say what it is). The upper and all other parts are not regulated so anybody can simply order one online. I'm 16 and I just got my BCM upper. States like California are considering banning all semi-auto rifles with detachable magazines. Having a few legal lowers allows people to build their rifles after the ban. Thats the way I see it anyway. Hope this helps.

    Levi
    Last edited by levik97; 08-16-13 at 08:59.
    "They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -- Benjamin Franklin


  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NOVA
    Posts
    1,178
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by black22rifle View Post
    I have asked them about this before, the only true mil spec 7075-t6 buffer tube is their premium tube.
    And it makes shit for difference. People are here splitting hairs. I have cheap $40 Milspec buffer kits all the way to the system on my SR15/SR25, and they all work.

    I post a deal and you guys are bitching about something that doesn't even matter.

    Read less and shoot more. You might be suprised by what you will find out.

    Show me an instance where the use of a 7000 series Alum would have made a difference vs a 6000 series alum..................
    Last edited by TurretGunner; 08-16-13 at 09:09.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NOVA
    Posts
    1,178
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyoland66 View Post
    Because lowers can be built into rifles..?

    It seems like lowers, LPK's, and BCG's have been tne hardest items to get during the "panics".

    If you look around you can find LMT defender and BCM blem lowers in stock right now. They are more expensive than the PSA lowers suggested but there are no questions about their quality.
    There is no question about PSA quality. LMT and BCM lowers are 2x or more than the cost of these.

    The whole point is being able to stack a bunch of lowers should there be a future state/fed ban, and being able to build a bunch of rifles on the cheap.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Boston-ish
    Posts
    5,687
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by levik97 View Post
    The lower is the part that is considered the firearm and has the serial number. As you probably know, you have to get your lower from someone with a Federal Firearms License. This is a registered purchase (in that it says you purchased a long gun, it won't specifically say what it is). The upper and all other parts are not regulated so anybody can simply order one online. I'm 16 and I just got my BCM upper. States like California are considering banning all semi-auto rifles with detachable magazines. Having a few legal lowers allows people to build their rifles after the ban. Thats the way I see it anyway. Hope this helps.

    Levi
    Really? You're way ahead of the curve then hanging out at M4C vs "other" forums spewing mall ninja nonsense and know far more than I did at 16 about such topics. There was no internet when I was 16, so I have a decent excuse at least. Good on you.

    And just to make sure I have said it to sound like some nosy uncle: safety first, safety last, safety always.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 08-16-13 at 09:47.
    - Will

    General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

    www.BrinkZone.com

    Performance/Fitness Advice For the Tactical Community

    www.OptimalSWAT.com


    “Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Boston-ish
    Posts
    5,687
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TurretGunner View Post
    This is even more important for those about to have a ban go into effect later this year.

    PSA has Built Lowers for $199. You cannot even build them this cheap using decent parts.

    No one can bitch durring the next ban/runup that they didn't have a chance to buy a few more.

    http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...-magazine.html
    Wow, that really is an impressive price.
    - Will

    General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

    www.BrinkZone.com

    Performance/Fitness Advice For the Tactical Community

    www.OptimalSWAT.com


    “Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    686
    Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    It is VERY nice to see.

    Pretty much everything but ammo is back, and ammo is continuing to (slowly) trend downward in price.

    What I couldn't believe was BCM BCG's being in stock for $190 for DAYS at Ranier Arms recently. Those, and the PSA lowers/PMAG deals, and PSA complete rifles with Aimpoint PRO's for $1k, have been the most shockingly-good deals I've seen recently.
    Yeah too bad we all blew our wad during the panic!
    Relatively speaking of coarse, I refused to pay more than MSRP, but 15 dollars for a Gen 3 P-Mag is much more than $10!

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NOVA
    Posts
    1,178
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Really? You're way ahead of the curve then hanging out at M4C vs "other" forums spewing mall ninja nonsense and know far more than I did at 16 about such topics. There was no internet when I was 16, so I have a decent excuse at least. Good on you.

    And just to make sure I have said to sound like some nosy uncle: safety first, safety last, safety always.
    +1. I was just about to post about him having more comon sense and being more level headed at 16, then half the people who live on this site.

    You would be HIGHLY served to also research elsewhere on the net. M4C tends to get some pretty polar (and many times wrong) personalites that care more about brand then the actual merits of the product.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NOVA
    Posts
    1,178
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Wow, that really is an impressive price.
    Yea man, Ive bought a bunch and have directed friends and family to do the same.

    For 90% of rec shooters, this is a very good choice and lets them spend money on a good upper/optics and some ammo. Throw a Sparc or TR-25 on there and 10 mags or so, and you can have a nice little servicble setup for under $1K.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •