Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Buy Em Cheap and Stack em Deep

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TurretGunner View Post
    I tend to defer to the manufacture as the expert in relation to their products. They are the ones who did the R&D, engineering, sourcing of materials, manufacturing, QC, ect.

There is no standard for AR15's outside of what we accept as "standard".
    Oooh, I wouldn't. Most AR "builders" don't know anything (as they do not make anything in house OR have products made to their drawings). On top of that, are only concerned about price point.

There are tons of standards for AR15's. Colt builds theirs identically to how M4's are made. BCM follows the TDP to the letter. There are others as well that do this.

The TDP is ONE baseline set forth to build the M16/M4. Are there better ways to do things? Aboslutley.
    Agree. Which companies do it better?

Knowning what we know about the Stoner System, and how it works, incorporating new techologies into it, I think the TDP is less relevent then when everyone was worrying about weather or not the the FSB was markerd or it was parked underneath.

I shoot a SR15M1, just like you. We can both agree, that it's not standard, and that its proablly the best product on the market of its type (AR15).
    The KAC gun (for the most part) follows the TDP (which is ONE of the reasons why it is so good).

C4

Feedback Score
    51 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    You don't really unless if a company goes far enough to provide proof of how their rifle is built, parts, materials used and testing process. Not many do that. Oh, btw, DR Horton is a poor example.
    I know it was ,just tried to think of a recognizable name for most anyone.
    I think you brought up my point in the above quote. DD I think has brought up enough to prove with LAV torture test, BCM as well with their T&E, which is why they are some of the recommended brands that meet or exceed Milspec.

Feedback Score
    5 (86%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Maybe I need to re-read this thread. I don't see anyone here saying that the item mentioned in the first post was pure crap or too expensive and wouldn't work for the majority of enthusiasts out there? I don't think that anyone argued that there are differences in quality, prices and that everyone should purchase according to their own needs? I think this is often the sentiment of this forum. Be an informed buyer, purchase the best rifle that you can afford that meets your own individual needs. This does not mean that anyone should be delusional that all rifles are the same because they outwardly look alike. Because we know that they are not.
    I think we are on the same page actually. Maybe I blew this out of proportion, it just seemed one side was saying PSA was "just as good", and the other side was nitpicking PSA.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by djegators View Post
    I think we are on the same page actually. Maybe I blew this out of proportion, it just seemed one side was saying PSA was "just as good", and the other side was nitpicking PSA.
    Seemed more to me that this was mostly everyone agreeing it's decent price for what it is, but for a tad more, one can get a higher quality.

Which always spins into "good enough" for who is mostly to use it, and so forth.

I see milspec similar to other standards such as Iso and GMP, knowing something is made using those codified standards increases likelyhood of consistency and quality but in no way guarantees it. But, it's a good place to start...

Supplement companies for example may make a big deal out of a product being made in a GMP certified place, and the product itself may or may not be a POS.

Not identical comparison, but you get the gist. That's my (non expert) take on it anyway.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 08-16-13 at 14:38.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Almost impossible to believe that in one day we have all this over a fellow member alerting us of an otherwise great deal.

Feedback Score
    51 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Safetyhit View Post
    Almost impossible to believe that in one day we have all this over a fellow member alerting us of an otherwise great deal.
    I agree. I think the OP had good intentions of sharing a fairly good deal, especially for the ones with who he mentioned with a ban coming to their state. As Someone pointed out it may have been best suited in the "Where can I get it thread" maybe?
    It took a turn south after about 12 or more posts

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Turretgunner,

1. We have a thread for this kind of stuff. This isn't it.

2. This isn't the first time you have stirred the pot calling people brand snobs/whores, etc..

3. How much experience do you actually have with commercial type ARs from all the other manufacturers? Wait- don't answer that its irrelevant because I can guarantee that between Grant and myself we have seen hundreds and hundreds of them to include the failures and shortcomings.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678