Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTK: Insight Technologies CVL (PEQ-5) in use in Iraq or Aphganistan ?

Feedback Score

WTK: Insight Technologies CVL (PEQ-5) in use in Iraq or Aphganistan ?

I am trying to do a bit of research on Insight Technology products....specifically the PEQ-2; PAQ-4; CVL (PEQ-5) and PEQ-15 (ATPIAL).

Has anyone seen a CVL (PEQ-5) being used by our troops serving in Iraq and Aphganistan? I have seen tons of pics. of the PEQ-2 of course but my net search does not show any CVLs mounted on their weapons.

Pics? Info? Anyone try one? Like / Dislike?

Thank You.

Feedback Score
    83 (100%)
    My unit was issuing AN/PEQ-2 and AN/PAQ-4....I've never seen the AN/PEQ-5. Unless you have a set of NVGs (FYI: some guy is selling AN/PVS-7B's @ M4C) and a need to shoot at night, I don't see why you'd want to hang the extra weight on your carbine. My M4A1 became a beast....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Lots of guys use(d) the CVLs overseas.

With the LA-5 ATPIAL coming on line they are obsolete, though, since it has a coaxially mounted IR and vis laser in the same unit.

Feedback Score

re: CVL (PEQ-5) in use?

Its not really a case of "needing" it...its more of a "jeee wiz, kewl, wow,neato" thing...I am certainly not calling in a couple A-10's for an airstrike....I just have a little extra funds my wife doesn't know about! lol

Here is my new Mk18 build: http://i26.tinypic.com/21bn81g.jpg

I just want to try and keep the vast majority of the build as "currently in use" items. I have seen the PEQ-2 and the PAQ-4 on weapons and in use....Just wanted to see if their were "pics. in use" or confirmation of the CVL / PEQ-5 being used....I have heard they are over there.

No biggie. Thanks.

Just was sent this pic. of a SEAL: http://i32.tinypic.com/2iqhlcw.jpg * Take a look at the laser device on his weapon....can anyone confirm that this is a CVL/PAQ-5 ?

Sure looks like one to me:

http://www.opticsplanet.net/picture-...-cvl-000c.html
    Last edited by norshon3; 04-19-08 at 08:25. Reason: new info

Feedback Score
    83 (100%)
    Very nice build!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It is a CVL. Navy guys use them a lot.

Feedback Score
    yeah, thats a cvl. we don't really use those as much though now, since the atpial was unveiled a couple years ago. if your'e gonna spend money, get an atpial!!! worth its weight in gold...
    and just so you know, thats LT Michael P. Murphy, recently awarded the CMOH posthumously.

Feedback Score

re: Insight CVL/PEQ-5

Yes, I knew that soldier was Lt. Murphy....a true Hero and one of America's best!

Some prices I have seen and had been quoted (I am a Class III/SOT):

Insight Laser Modules:

ATPIAL - $1790.00
    PEQ-2 - $ 900.00 / $1250.00
    CVL/PEQ-5 $ 500.00
    PAQ-4 - $ 800.00

Everything above (except the CVL) is really only available to Military/LE/Class III

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by texasfrog View Post
    yeah, thats a cvl. we don't really use those as much though now, since the atpial was unveiled a couple years ago. if your'e gonna spend money, get an atpial!!! worth its weight in gold...
    and just so you know, thats LT Michael P. Murphy, recently awarded the CMOH posthumously.
    My only gripe (a minor one) is the the ATPIAL doesn't have a mount that's user-maintenance friendly, but that was a necessary evil to give it a lower profile. I like the ATPIAL a lot.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I was using PEQ-2 the second time around and we beat the hell out of them and they work great. sorry it's a crappy pic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast