Thread: Krinkov upper handguard optics mounts?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Krinkov upper handguard optics mounts?

Hey guys, quick question for everyone.

Ive been looking for a low profile upper handguard mount for a krinkov build ive been working on. The issue that im having is that i really cant seem to find anything thats either low profile enough or goes well with my wood lower handguard.

Id prefer something like an ultimak but as far as i know they dont make a short gas tube rail.

Can anyone offer me up any suggestions? I searched over on ak47.net but the only rail that i came across was some stupidly overpriced mini picatinny rail that I had to mount via screws through the dust cover for 115.00 dollars...no thanks.

Thanks for the help guys!

PS, im looking to mount my AP micro if anyones wondering what kind of optic im putting on there.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    You only have one option with the Samson rail, unless someone is willing to sell you their old Krebs version.

I have petitioned UltiMAK to make a Krink version, but nothing yet.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I spoke with Will over at Red Jacket about possibly modifying an Ultimak to work with a M92. He said he was game to try, but couldnt promise anything. That might be an option.

Also, I believe someone has mounted a section of rail to their wooden handguards in the past and had good success with it.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Hrmph, i already have a samson rail on my full sized ak47 and i love it but i really wanted to keep the wood on my krink, its just so comfortable and beautiful to look at...yeah i know, how lame.

Im not comfortable with bolting a rail to my upper handguard, i just dont trust it. I really dont want to loose my micro when im out banging it around.

Well, this is depressing. It seems if i want to forward mount an optic on my krink im going to HAVE to get the samson rail.