Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DIY Krytec like spray paint Camo

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cctroupe11 View Post
    Both of these results look awesome. If I can get over the fear of spray painting my beautiful new rifles when I get home, I am going to try this pattern.
    "The fear" resided in me… Once you get past it and hit the rifle with the first blast of paint, it's remarkably easy to fall in love with the paint.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhrc51 View Post
    First of all, both of these paint jobs look awesome!! Great job.

I have a suggestion to maybe make the stencil deal easier. Print the stencil onto a full sheet of label paper. That would make everything stay put once you lay it onto the rifle. Or, spray some easy release spray adhesive onto thicker paper. Label paper would be much better but I don't know if they make label paper that is full 8 1/2 x11.

Obviously guys with access to a plotter could knock this out on a vinyl sheet in seconds. Wish I had a damn plotter...
    awesome idea sir, didn't know this product existed
    Avery® White Full-Sheet Shipping Labels for Inkjet Printers 8165, 8-1/2" x 11", Pack of 25 Product Number: 8165

Feedback Score
    I had been thinking about camo'ing my rifle, and I think this thread has pushed me over the edge.

I asked some of my facebook friends if anyone that I know had a plotter. One of my buddies has one and he's going to print some stencils for me. The great thing about a plotter is that they can precut everything. Should make this process a snap.

I'm going to have my buddy print a couple test sheets to see how it comes out. I'll post back in this thread once I get the test sheets this week.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    That's a good idea...one of my good friends back home works at the local stencil shop. They actually made vinyl stencils for our unit to mark our duffel bags with the required info when we were getting ready for this deployment...

I may have to hit them up on doing a Kryptec designed stencil...now to just work up the courage once the new wears off.

Edit: Now...what I'd really like to see is something cerakoted in a pattern like this...would it be possible?
    Last edited by cctroupe11; 09-02-13 at 14:56.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by jayhrc51 View Post
    I had been thinking about camo'ing my rifle, and I think this thread has pushed me over the edge.

I asked some of my facebook friends if anyone that I know had a plotter. One of my buddies has one and he's going to print some stencils for me. The great thing about a plotter is that they can precut everything. Should make this process a snap.

I'm going to have my buddy print a couple test sheets to see how it comes out. I'll post back in this thread once I get the test sheets this week.
    That would be sweet.
    From what I'm learning with the shipping label so far, is I can print a few patterns and create a stencil with different parts removed or retained.

In my test, I removed the smaller hexagonal boxes. Now instead, I'll cut the border, and retain the boxes.

Its gonna be done randomly, like those found in Google Images

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Question

since rifle is already black....was thinking of possibly doing the Typhon instead.

Anyone knows a good Rustoleum White or Gray color...besides primer?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Talking

another stencil made

Feedback Score
    18 (85%)
    Made a quick Video:

http://youtu.be/iw6Tsgoj8VE

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ledanek View Post
    another stencil made
    What image did you use to print that? You did a really good job, looks damn near perfect

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ive used a sort of similar stencil method on some rail covers. Might post pics when I get home.

I got a pack of neon colored tabs from CVS in the school supplies section. Guess theyre for adding notes to books or something. Theyre about .75"x2.5" each, maybe 150 to a pack. Few bucks. Give whatever object youre Kryptekking a base of several coats of whatever colors youre using for better wear characteristics, let dry a day, add the stickers to completely cover the object, cut in your pattern with a real sharp knife, Xacto works fine. Paint. Peel. Repeat as needed. Ive gotten some reaaaallly fine lines as a result, good looking stuff for real cheap.

Nice work.

Edit:
    I tried originally cutting a stencil out of thick paper like above, but found that I could not get it to conform to any object well enough to give really fine edges. And IMHO the edges are what make it look sexy. Effective, as well. But. Yeah. Sexy. Takes forever to cut out the stencils but. Like stippling, the key to excellence is patience.
    Last edited by Pax; 09-04-13 at 21:09.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast