Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: shades of green: OD v. Ranger v. Foliage

Feedback Score
    OK, so I take it this one is Foilage Green:

Based on the choices I guess this must be FDE but it looks kinda yellow to me:
    http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin...ategory%3DBFGE

Am I right that this would be the Ranger or Smoke Green:

This one was also called Ranger Green but looks lighter than the color above:
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Also shown below is Diz's 14 PALS row chest rig with H-Harness in RG over a BCS RG NIJ Armor Carrier.
    Which color is this:

Is this a brown or OD or what. Hopefully one of you guys that is better at identifying colors can help me out with this last one.

Feedback Score
    That's either FDE or Coyote, at least that's what it looks like to me.

A computer monitor isn't the best way to tell colors. You've got the variables of lighting in the original photograph to contend with, then you have the issue of how your monitor renders the colors. Your best bet is to hit the closest shop to you and check some colors out. It needn't be nylon, any chance you have to look at rail covers/ladders, stocks, grips, etc. will give you a good idea about FDE vs OD vs FG.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Dark Earth in most incarnations is a grayer brown while Coyote is a browner brown. Both are medium light "deseret brown" colors.

Foliage Green is a gray green and I believe comes from one of the darker greens in the ACU pattern

I personally like foliage green myself. All depends what you are doing with it though.

Chad
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    Foliage green is the only green in the UCP (ACU is the uniform). The other colors are an urban gray and desert tan.

Foliage seems rather Minty to me, but I have color vision issues.
    Yup, I'm a Dinosaur!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Foliage Green (Magpul,Tangodown, Ergo and BlueForceGear)

Norrells moly resin finish'flat desert tan', Gunners are called 'Coyote brown'.

OD Green (Magpul and Daniel Defense).

Magpul stock (flat dark earth), Tangodown grip (flat dark earth), Norrells moly resin finish on VTAC tube and the barrel (flat desert tan, barrel is discolored a little from the heat).
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12