Thread: LBE - Custom? Make Due? Make your own?

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)

LBE - Custom? Make Due? Make your own?

I know I'm probably not the only one that gets frustrated with having gear that you sit there and think "I'd change that...and that...and that." If anyone has ideas/options that I don't consider below, please let me know.

The best commercial rig I've found is the Eagle SKD Chest rig, which I love for its simplicity but since I shoot .308 a lot too it's not as versatile as I'd like. It also lacks an integrated camel back. That being said I just want to put on one piece of kit and be ready to go inside of a minute...and the SKD is pretty good for that. One way or the other I'll probably use this one a lot...especially if they ever make a drop-in hydration mod. hint hint.

The other commercial option that I've used was the MAV, which is a neat design, but not as versatile between 5.56 and .308 without having to sit there and reconfigure the whole thing. In the end it was also bigger than I wanted. This is ultimately the vest I want to replace.

I'm very interested in the Ess-Tac series including the "bush boar" series. I do like the pocket design of mag pouches incorporated into the vest body. They have their integrated LBB (Load Bearing Boar) which incorporates the straps/hydration as a one-piece unit. I also liked the ability to rip out the 5.56 panel and replace it in a few seconds with a .308 panel. I met them at SHOT and know they're busy. Also very expensive.

Now I also have some interesting designs of my own...and I've pondered making my own though I don't really have the time to learn how to put it all together. The thought did occur to me to have someone make a prototypes for me that I could then see what works and what doesn't in competition.

Maybe I just want too much.

Feedback Score
    Click and check this out.. MAybe something to get you startedto Lightfighter.com and check out the roll your own.

Feedback Score

Load Bearing Equipment

I am a civilian and as such, want to project the lowest possible profile I can while bearing my AR15 and spare mags. I am for the moment using a pistol belt with a double 30 round mag pouch. That will give me 90 rounds of ready ammo, which is 90 rounds MORE than I have ever fired in anger. We are all subjected to images of our troops in Iraq and Afganistan using the latest and greatest in MOLLE vest/pouches and I have to admit to envy, but I am grateful not to need that capacity.
    "Do not presume a degree of familiarity that is inappropriate to the nature of our aquaintance."