Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Apple Cider Vinegar

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lethal dose View Post
    When's dinner? OP, what effects are you looking to get from ACV?
    For the supposed fat burning and de-toxifying properties.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I can't speak to the science but it did allow me to stop taking heartburn meds 100%. I took a shotglass full each evening for a few days as I stopped taking my heartburn meds and then went to every few nights to eventually no ACV. I will do a shot here and there but otherwise my dependency on heartburn meds is gone. There was no change in my diet at this time.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I've tried it but not long enough to do anything. Every time I try it it seems like taking a shot of alcohol. Goes right to my head. Heats up my whole body. Can almost upset my stomach if empty.

It's also my understanding you need to use the unfiltered stuff too.

I like it better on sliced up cucumbers and tomatoes or collard greens.... or as mentioned above NC style BBQ sauce... Yum!

I honestly don't think anything that anyone says "does X" will really "do X" for everyone.

People continue to get sick and die of all manner of things and none seem to be offset by any magic cure-all. That's not to say that a certain item might not be exactly what one individual needs though. I doubt it can hurt you but it sure works best with food for me.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tb-av View Post
    I've tried it but not long enough to do anything. Every time I try it it seems like taking a shot of alcohol. Goes right to my head. Heats up my whole body. Can almost upset my stomach if empty.
    This mirrors how I felt when I took it. Almost like the very first shot of real alcohol when you are a kid. First few minutes sucks then it's fine. A relative was diluting it with water and had the same positive effects of no longer requiring Nexium and also only needed it for a few days in a row, then every few days, and now once or twice a month.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

ACV

Bragg's ACV is the best to use. I have oily skin and heartburn sometimes now that I am getting older. Use it everyday for a couple of weeks, then you can just take a table spoon twice a week. I have been doing this for 4 years now and there is a big difference. Oily skin is much better, heartburn is gone, and my PH levels are closer to an alkaline state.
    Nothing bad to say about the stuff.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    When we had inflamed tonsils my Mother would have us gargle with Apple Cider Vinegar and then drink a tea made from hot red peppers.
    Worked really good.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just started taking it myself a couple of weeks ago, I also use Braggs. I don't know about it as a. Fat burner etc but I also have noticed less heartburn and upset stomach.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickStrike View Post
    For the supposed fat burning and de-toxifying properties.
    Man throw away the apple vinegar and supplement for fish oil. Shown to aid in fat loss and muscle growth. Aim for 2-3g a day. I buy a huge bottle from Walmart and take it at breakfast lunch and dinner.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/28...n-weight-loss/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    When we had inflamed tonsils my Mother would have us gargle with Apple Cider Vinegar and then drink a tea made from hot red peppers.
    Worked really good.
    yep, that is really effective

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson1911 View Post
    Bragg's ACV is the best to use. I have oily skin and heartburn sometimes now that I am getting older. Use it everyday for a couple of weeks, then you can just take a table spoon twice a week. I have been doing this for 4 years now and there is a big difference. Oily skin is much better, heartburn is gone, and my PH levels are closer to an alkaline state.
    Nothing bad to say about the stuff.
    And how are you testing that?
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast