Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: arsenal sa-m7 classic

Feedback Score

arsenal sa-m7 classic

i have one of these, unfired, new in box with the stuff that came with it. can anyone tell me about this and should i leave it unfired? I generally shoot the crap out of everything but this has got to be the most beautiful firearm i have EVER seen, so i was thinking maybe i should get another ak to shoot up.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    There were about 300 made, most of them were post ban builds that had a muzzle nut "permanently" attached.

They were the best milled AK that Arsenal built.

I have one that was a post ban that I unbanned. I shoot it, it's not a safe queen.

I can't tell you whether or not you should shoot it, that's up to you. They won't be made again, and prices will only continue to climb on them.

Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    yours looks a tad different, on the stock. mine is more of a blonde color.
    what size of groups does it get? everybody wants to talk trash because it aint an ar, but i know my sks shoots pretty good.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lazarus09 View Post
    yours looks a tad different, on the stock. mine is more of a blonde color.
    what size of groups does it get? everybody wants to talk trash because it aint an ar, but i know my sks shoots pretty good.
    I took the blond beech stock set off and put a Polish laminated stock set on.

Mine will hold 3-4" groups with Wolf at 100 yards with irons.

Slightly better with Golden Tiger and if I'm having a good day.

I'd put it up against any AR using irons and not benched.

Feedback Score
    for me it's way more comfortable than my AR. probably feels better than any gun i have, standing up at least. what's that one that arsenal makes with synthetic furniture, sa-m7 carbine? are they good, comparing them to the classic?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lazarus09 View Post
    for me it's way more comfortable than my AR. probably feels better than any gun i have, standing up at least. what's that one that arsenal makes with synthetic furniture, sa-m7 carbine? are they good, comparing them to the classic?

Any of the M7 series are really good to go. The M7 Carbine has the same buttstock length as the Classic, the M7R or M7A1 has the longer "NATO" length stock that most people change out to the original length.

Feedback Score
    I never realized there were so few Classics built... There was a decent run of them early this year - I debated getting a 107UR and FR or a Classic - I got the UR and FR wishing I bought a Classic! I've read a few posts saying there might be another run of Classics late this year.

Spooky

Feedback Score
    I've read a few posts saying there might be another run of Classics late this year.
    I thought they were going to make some SA-M7 carbines but I did not know they were going to be Classics. Whether or not you shoot your Classic is up to you. I have a Classic underfolder that will stay NIB as I have other guns to shoot and I like to keep it new just because it is so damn pretty. I have wanted a Classic like Templar's Classic from the first time I saw it. If it were me I would get another AK to shoot the SA-M7 Classics are hard to find.
    Not the original texasyid

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by texasyid View Post
    I thought they were going to make some SA-M7 carbines but I did not know they were going to be Classics. Whether or not you shoot your Classic is up to you. I have a Classic underfolder that will stay NIB as I have other guns to shoot and I like to keep it new just because it is so damn pretty. I have wanted a Classic like Templar's Classic from the first time I saw it. If it were me I would get another AK to shoot the SA-M7 Classics are hard to find.
    Not sure if they are Classics or Carbines... Just milled... Probably easier to find the parts for the Carbines though...

Spooky

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    My Classic is my favorite AK! There's something extremely sexy about the milled receiver, heavy barrel, 45 degree gas block, barrel nut, vented gas tube....ahhhhhhh....

Now I need a cigarette and a nap!

Last edited by M4arc; 07-26-08 at 08:29.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast