After reading a lot about LMT MWSE, I decided that I wanted one myself. Initially I wanted to use it as a semi automatic precision rifle, however, after buying and shooting it, I think I will use it more as a “Heavy” Carbine with a precision capability.
After purchasing the rifle, I disassembled, lubricated it. I also removed the barrel and reinstalled it using the supplied torque wrench at 140”/lb.
Since the rifle came in an AWB compliant version, the SOPMOD is screwed to the RE fairly far back, making the rifle feel “longer”.
I was also disappointed in that the rifle came with an ASC magazine, despite the fact that KAC makes 10 round magazines as well.
Initial range session:
I decided to test the accuracy. I went to the 100 yard range, and used Leupold MK 4 6.5-20, M5, TMR.
At first I tried PPU 168 gr match. I must have gotten a bad batch, since this ammo DOES NOT work in 3 separate rifle: Rem 700, AI AE with Krieger barrel, and now MWSE. However, it’s good enough to get on paper.
After that I fired a 10 shot group wtih Fed 7.62, 175gr. I got about 1.1 MOA which I was happy with.

Upgrades:
Since I didn’t find the pinned stock comfortable, I decided to replace it with Magpul’s FCS. I also ordered heavy buffers’ .308 buffer and spring in order to be able to use standard carbine RE.
I decided to replace the Ergo pistol grip wtih MOE+.
The stock is nice, although a little short compared to what I am used to. I added the PRS extended pad to see if it feels better. I may consider trying the Magpul’s fixed rifle stock next.
I also ordered four, ten round DPMS magazines. Despite their follower looking flimsier than ASC’s, they functioned and fed fine in my rifle. For now, they will my go to magazines, until I can find Magpul’s mythical LR 10.
I also changed the Leupold for an Aimpoint. I plan on putting a 1 - n scope on this rifle on a permanent basis. Just haven’t decided which one.

Questions:
I am also planning on buying another 16” CL barrel and having it reprofiled to the thinnest profile recommended. However, I have two options when it comes to muzzle devices:
1. Cut the threads off and recrown or
2. Permanetly attach a muzzle brake. I have MB 762 that I am thinking of using for this.
I am also toying with the idea of cutting the bbl to 14.5” since the brake is permanently attached. Which one of the above options makes most sense, since this bbl’s purpose is to make the rifle as light and “handy” as possible.

Photos:
Initial configuration for accuracy testing

100 yard, 10 shot group

FSC stock and MOE+