Page 2 of 84 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: V7 Weapon Systems

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylinder Head View Post
    Maybe if you regularly use your rifle's buttstock to knock down doors but otherwise search me.
    If you're bashing in doors with your buttstock, then it's highly likely that your buttstock will break long before your receiver extension does.
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Anyone try any of their parts yet?

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I bought their ultralight alloy castle nut and end plate combo (no kidding .4oz for combined) as well as their titanium pins (.3oz) for my ultralight build. Over the vltor castle nut (.65oz), Noveske QD end plate (.55oz) and standard pins (.5oz) I will save 1oz (.7oz vs. 1.7oz).

I am quite excited for their new mag catch and port door as well.

When BCM finally gets around to releasing the KMR rails I will put it all together and post it up!

Matt at JTT reviewed these items https://jerkingthetrigger.com/2013/1...ht-castle-nut/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrysimons View Post
    I bought their ultralight alloy castle nut and end plate combo (no kidding .4oz for combined) as well as their titanium pins (.3oz) for my ultralight build. Over the vltor castle nut (.65oz), Noveske QD end plate (.55oz) and standard pins (.5oz) I will save 1oz (.7oz vs. 1.7oz).

I am quite excited for their new mag catch and port door as well.

When BCM finally gets around to releasing the KMR rails I will put it all together and post it up!

Matt at JTT reviewed these items https://jerkingthetrigger.com/2013/1...ht-castle-nut/

I plan on doing the same kind of build and have my parts laid out. Glad to see the claims of lightweight are actually true. I just need to find a good lightweight barrel and I am set. Anyway have a recommendation on that front? I have been leaning towards just getting a BCM lightweight barrel.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Yeah I weighed all the parts and they matched exactly as claimed. The end plate and nut are each .2oz.
    I am excited to add their mag catch and port door also.

BCM has said they are releasing the KMR on complete uppers first, you may want to go that route. I would recommend DD and BCM lightweights, Colt's 16" 6720 barrel too if you can find one, and of coarse Noveske's skinny barrel if you want 14.5". Can't go wrong with any of them, my preference is with Noveske's though.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Not impressed... Fortis already makes an aluminum QD end plate and I don't know if I trust an aluminum castle nut just to shave fractions of an ounce off. Titanium takedown/pivot pins? Great idea - but anodize them black so that they match most guns. Plus it's not like takedown pins weigh anything. Even if you went with their full lightweight selection of parts your barely shaving anything off of your rifle, but you'll end up spending like $200. Cool concept though and I applaud them for bringing something new to the market to appease all of the ultra-lightweight fanatics out there. I do like the lightweight ejection port cover though. It looks nice.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Tenths of ounces here and there and everywhere add up quickly. Decked out with optic, sights and light my rifle already only weighs 6lbs before BCMs new rail.
    Yeah, it is expensive but it satisfys my obsessive twitch. Is it wholly unnecessary and borderline diminishing returns, yep

The castle nut is an aluminum alloy, 30% stronger than 7075.

Feedback Score
    Those pins seem like a decent idea...
    Never sit at the bargaining table with an empty stomach.

Feedback Score
    What kind of sights and light did you go with?

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    More people could lighten the load simply by planning a good gun from the start rather than modifying it 100 times. Most of us here (msyelf included) are not going to notice the few extra ounces of weight to be quite honest. Especially not something as small as pivot/ take down pins.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrysimons View Post
    Tenths of ounces here and there and everywhere add up quickly. Decked out with optic, sights and light my rifle already only weighs 6lbs before BCMs new rail.
    Yeah, it is expensive but it satisfys my obsessive twitch. Is it wholly unnecessary and borderline diminishing returns, yep

The castle nut is an aluminum alloy, 30% stronger than 7075.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Page 2 of 84 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast