Page 3 of 84 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: V7 Weapon Systems

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Do we even have any listed weights for these parts to begin with?

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I like that other than cost these V7 items are basically free weight savings in terms of function in the weapon system.

I just finished putting together a DDM4v5 LW with more attention to budget than part weights. With optic, sights, and light it weights 8lb2oz (130oz)

I sure would rather hump my 6lb (96oz), soon to be sub-6lb, rifle than an 8lb rifle, over any significant distance.

Last edited by jerrysimons; 12-04-13 at 15:14.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The first thing I noticed was the $77 Inconel gas tube. That baby should last forever!

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Weight savings is one thing but a product with an actual useful added advantage is much more likely to take my money. But I've had the opportunity to shoot an extremely bare bones 14.5 ~5lb setup before and enjoyed very little about how it handled, so I guess I'm not exactly the target audience here.

I knew going lightweight had it's costs but it looks like cost can't be a concern for those looking to squeeze out those last few fractions.

Feedback Score
    Cost/benefit just isn't there for me, I'd rather have a good gun and a backup quality upper than sinking a bunch of money into something like this.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScatmanCrothers View Post
    Weight savings is one thing but a product with an actual useful added advantage is much more likely to take my money. But I've had the opportunity to shoot an extremely bare bones 14.5 ~5lb setup before and enjoyed very little about how it handled, so I guess I'm not exactly the target audience here.

I knew going lightweight had it's costs but it looks like cost can't be a concern for those looking to squeeze out those last few fractions.
    Recoil? Muzzle rise?

Feedback Score
    Wanting to try something different, I'm working on a 'superlight' Title I rifle. I bought stuff because of this thread, and am excited about it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    AIM Surplus has a 16" medcon V7 for sale. The barrel carries a 1moa guarantee and lifetime warranty.

I contacted Joel to ask about this. He says the warranty is good regardless of firing schedule to include full-auto use.
    Last edited by Tokarev; 12-21-13 at 09:15.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.as...GB&groupid=573

Sent from my Torque using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    AIM Surplus has a 16" medcon V7 for sale. The barrel carries a 1moa guarantee and lifetime warranty.

I contacted Joel to ask about this. He says the warranty is good regardless of firing schedule to include full-auto use.
    I wonder if the v7 match chamber is similar to the Noveske Mmod0, otherwise the thing looks identical to a recon barrel... Guaranteed 1 moa is pretty slick!

V7 now has aluminum alloy pins in black, which are lighter still than the bare finish titanium takedown/pivot pins.
    http://v7weaponsystems.com/gun-parts...npivot-pin-set

I am waiting on a set to arrive.

Page 3 of 84 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast