Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 10-8 Sights for Walther PPQ... Best sights available

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bowietx View Post
    Noodles,

Great review, having just had the greatest of experiences with the Redback One sights on my Glock I am definitely sold after your review on these for my PPQ. It has been hell finding them in stock with the brass bead, but I do think that after your review that I have to try this configuration. Hopefully they arrive on the scene very soon.
    It's funny just how much I'm liking the brass. I had gone in not expecting to like it because I didn't understand what it offered. But it is really visable in low light. Way more so than fiber and none of the concerns about fiber itself breaking. It's really a great middle ground between fiber and tritium.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    It's funny just how much I'm liking the brass. I had gone in not expecting to like it because I didn't understand what it offered. But it is really visable in low light. Way more so than fiber and none of the concerns about fiber itself breaking. It's really a great middle ground between fiber and tritium.
    What's the height of the 10-8 front sight? Would it work with the DP rear sight?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    IIRC.... the sight height and width for 10-8 is .180 tall and .125 wide. Dawson has options from .125 and .110 wide iirc.

Honestly though, I have both, and this rear sight is pretty much entirely better. The only thing would be if you didn't "want" the U-notch. But until you try it, I'm not sure how you could really know what you "want".

The one extra that Dawson put in that might have some merit is they serrated the front of the rear sight for one-handed manipulation and while that's a nice touch. I so far have had no issues with working the 10-8 rear off of my belt and holster.

The other thing is I'm not entirely certain of the POI if you were to mix sights, should be plenty fine but you may want to investigate.

Feedback Score
    Thank you everyone for your interest, and thanks for the review. Just wanted to pop in to let everyone know that the sights are finally up on our website. We hope you like them.

http://www.10-8performance.com/categories/Sights/

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Very good to see this, and I would not be at all surprised to see these emerge as the de facto standard for the PPQ over time. They've certainly piqued my interest.

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Just ordered a set.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    May have to break down and get a PPQ now! I'm thinking hard about ordering these for my PPS as as well.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    This is a serrated .125" U-notch rear sight, and 10-8's serrated brass-bead front sight. The fill flash wiped out the detail of the brass in the photos, but it's a well constructed in-set brass rod with a cone at the tip that does a really nice job at "collecting" light regardless of the source angle. Hilton Yam of 10-8 explained online this sight collects in low light sooner than fiber and that's very true, I'll have an update on this later. It's not as bright as a fiber in daylight of course, but it's stronger and not exposed for possible damage. I didn't expect to like the brass very much, but it's actually quite nice for being the lower cost option. I'm uncertain 10-8 will offer a Fiber front sight, the package is only marked for Brass Bead and Tritium.

2. The brass bead is a lot nicer than I expected it to be. They are not joking about the low light properties of their cone shaped brass bead, it's not tritium, but it's excellent at low to medium light. When fiber blacks out, the bead is still clearly visible. I have 20/15 vision and I still like the fiber on merits of speed. Perhaps I'll look into some high-visability tritium (Trijicon HD, Ameriglo, TruGlo TFO), but I'd like to talk more with 10-8 before I do this. They obviously know what they are doing.

Noodles I have a question for you.... On your front sight, does the brass bead extend out slightly from the face of the front sight or is it even/flush with the front sight?

Feedback Score
    Our beads protrude slightly from the serrated face of the sight.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Thanks Hilton.... Would the same be true for GLOCK front sights? I just got one one delivered today and it's slightly different from all the pics I've seen, that's why I asked. It's dead even with the face of the sight maybe even recessed slightly.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast