Thread: Northern California county seeks to secede from Cali and form new state of Jefferson

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Northern California county seeks to secede from Cali and form new state of Jefferson

http://www.oregonlive.com/mapes/inde...ts_to_sec.html

-From the article-

Siskiyou County supervisors, hoping to spark another attempt to create the state of Jefferson in southern Oregon and northernmost California, voted Tuesday to begin the process of seceding from California.

The board voted 4-1 to pursue secession at a meeting packed with local residents who say they are fed up with California state government. "Many proposed laws are unconstitutional and deny us our God-given rights," said Happy Camp resident Gabe Garrison, according to the Redding Record-Searchlight. "We need our own state so we can make laws that fit our way of life."

-End article snippet-

So we have Northern Colorado and Northern California seeking to secede and form new states to get away from the idiot progressives that are ruining the states by increasing taxes, passing bullshit feel goodery legislation and limiting personal liberty.

More power to them! I would move to Northern Colorado in a heart beat if they were succesful at seceding. I'm sure there are a lot fo Californians who would move to the new state of Jefferson as well.

One thing this signals is the USA is truly becomming more balkanized and polarized with each passing day.

People are fed up with dickheads forcing unbelievable/unrealistic legislation and taxes on them and they want out.

Good to see people/groups asserting themselves against tyranny again. We need more of that across the country.
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    If this was the same meeting I'm thinking of, I remember hearing how the individual who voted no did so because she wouldn't want to live in a state without a professional team, and was a Dodgers fan. I really question people's intelligence at times (more and more every day)

Tell you what, if it actually happened and the new state actually turned out like they want it to be, I'd be there in a heart beat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]