Thread: LWRC Extra parts WTF??

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

LWRC Extra parts WTF??

So I would have posted this question on the LWRC forum where I am also a new member, but it doesn't give me the privilege of posting there for some reason. So I just got my LWRC M6A2 SPR out of the FFL where it sat for 90+ days (along with my KAC IWC and a pistol). When I separated the upper from the lower, I found a half moon clip attached to the hammer with some grease. Is this a part from the inside of my trigger group and I should be worried, or is this some random part that accidentally made its way into the lower?

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Probably not the best place to post about LWRC. This will inevitably turn into a "WHY DID YOU BUY THAT?!" thread. With that said, I don't know where that part came from or what its purpose is. It doesn't look like any of the lower trigger parts I know of, but maybe IG or Robb Jensen (or anyone else) could tell you.

With regards to not being able to post at the Ldubb forums, you have to introduce yourself in the introduction thread, and then your privileges are unlocked. I'd call on Monday and offer to send pictures. They'll pay shipping both ways and fix the issue for you (if it is indeed an issue).

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    WTF? Is that thing welded on there or something, or is it just hanging there by the grease?

I've noticed a few QC issues with LWRC's since the panic buying slowed down. The other day I saw a M6IC with a 14.5" pinned and welded flash hider that was noticeably canted to about the 1:00 or 2:00 o'clock position. They're also using BCM charging handle knock offs instead of the real deal like they use to.

Last edited by F-Trooper05; 09-08-13 at 10:07.
    "Remember, if it doesn't violate the BYU Honor Code, it's not worth doing"
    -Daniel Tosh

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I think that may be involved in some unimportant way in keeping the top of the rail attached to the handguard.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    That's just a C clamp for a dust cover. Look on the right side of your dust cover and see if it's there. If it is, it's just a spare that got in there, no big deal, those things fly everywhere when you take them off.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilsrighthand View Post
    That's just a C clamp for a dust cover. Look on the right side of your dust cover and see if it's there. If it is, it's just a spare that got in there, no big deal, those things fly everywhere when you take them off.
    Yep we call those the "Flea" because of how easily the jump away when handling them.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

Re: LWRC Extra parts WTF??

Quote Originally Posted by Robb Jensen View Post
    Yep we call those the "Flea" because of how easily the jump away when handling them.
    I use a screw-driver with a magnet attached to position and seat the clip.

Typos brought to you via Tapatalk and autocorrect.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Now that the mystery is solved I think we can close this before it turns into some merde fiesta.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com