View Poll Results: $450: Aimpoint for 1st Build or Complete 2nd Build

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aimpoint to top off 1st already complete build?

59 75.64%
  • 11.5" upper to finish 2nd complete pistol/sbr build?

19 24.36%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: $450: Aimpoint for 1st Build or Complete 2nd Build

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FNS 9 View Post
    I guess im not in the buy a $1200 dollar rifle and put a $50 dollar optic on it club.

IMO the optics should be more important than the rifle. As long as the gun goes bang they all do the same thing, hitting the target is where the rubber meets the road.

Those cheep magpul backups and many others block most of the target when your looking at them. They also arent very durable.

IMO save up for what you want, nothings going to be banned and the prices get better everyday.
    A red dot is not a complicated optic. They are simple and should not be $600 ****ing dollars for a little dot. Yes AP are durrable and yes they have great battery life. I can buy 5 microdots for the cost of a H-1 and enough batteries to last a lifetime. Got a couple including one 4 years old sitting on top of a Sr-15.............still going strong.

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FNS 9 View Post
    Those cheep magpul backups and many others block most of the target when your looking at them. They also arent very durable.

IMO save up for what you want, nothings going to be banned and the prices get better everyday.
    I sure would like to see some evidence that the Magpul sights are not durable. So far 100% of the testimony I've heard says just the opposite. And trusting that "nothings going to be banned" flies in the face of efforts in California, Colorado, the east coast etc.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Going to throw my vote and post in the sea of votes and posts-
    I hate focusing on the front sight, and so do many shooters with eye problems. In my opinion, the ability to focus on the target at any range is about as essential as the rifling inside the barrel. Call me a bitch, but not having a aimpoint is like not having a lower; it's that necessary.

Feedback Score
    I also vote for a great optic for your AR before moving to another set up. Like someone above me said, the market price continues to go down in term of price. Get yourself a good scope or red dot, and you will be golden

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345