Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: MI-SSK Midwest Industries Gen-2 SS Free Float KeyMod

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    I only know of one person who had an issue like that. They had the barrel heat sink bushing on backwards.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    I think that answers my question. Good to know the system is solid and the product works when properly installed.
    Yes, I like pretty ponies.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    On my Troy alpha rail I was worried about possible handguard rotation. I used an old Magpul RSA on the slot closest to the receiver to clamp onto both the Troy and the upper. Similar to using the Larue optic mount in the previous poster. Since I don't like the sling connection so close to the reciever I may grind off the sling attachment to streamline it with the rail. But it looks like this MI rail lacks that extra slot. Looks super light and slim otherwise.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    MI-SSK rail.jpg

I installed one this past week for a friend on a 14.5" LW midlength BCM, very nice rail. I want to get a FDE 12" version my self for a similarly built upper of mine.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    [QUOTE=Midwest Industries;1778275]Yes, we will be doing a 10.5" SS Keymod
    This will allow for the handguard to cover a micro gas block on a mid length gas gun.

What about the low pro .625 gas block? Will the 10.5 cover that on a mid-gas gun?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    [QUOTE=matt86;1830232]
    Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Industries View Post
    Yes, we will be doing a 10.5" SS Keymod
    This will allow for the handguard to cover a micro gas block on a mid length gas gun.

What about the low pro .625 gas block? Will the 10.5 cover that on a mid-gas gun?
    Close, but not completely. An LPG will stick out about 3/4"

Thank you,
    PETE
    MI

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Thanks for the reply.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I just purchased the SSK 12" for a 16" lightweight build. Pencil barrel and topping her off with a Trijicon SRS02 and a Geissele SD-E.

I will post some pics up when I get it in and rolling. Anticipating getting my shipment!

Cheers,
    Hammer
    "When the people fear their government there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." – Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    PETE or TROY,

Any issues with fitting one of these over a shaved FSB? This rail has caught my attention.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    They could be made to fit with no issues. Just remember you will have to remove the sight tower to install the new barrel nut.
    thanks
    TROY
    MI

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just a heads up for anyone planning on getting one of these SSK handguards, I had clearance issues over my Sadlak clamp-on gas block. The handguard contacted the bottom of the gas block. I switched to a YHM setscrew style gas block and have about 1/16in clearance now. I mic'd the inner diameter of the handguard at 1.30in so a .750in gas block seat yields .275in of clearance.

With that said, I have no regrets choosing the Midwest SSK handguard. Love it!

Last edited by txfactor; 02-19-14 at 10:40.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast