Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carry In Drawstring Gym Shorts?

Feedback Score

Concealed Carry In Drawstring Gym Shorts?

Hello Gents...

Tell me your methods for CC in drawstring gym shorts please.

My options for weapons are a Glock 26 and two S&W J-Frames. I want to carry AIWB. I'm not too keen on the clipdraw because of the exposed trigger but haven't ruled it out completely. I just wanna get out of the gym more and start riding a bike and such. I'm leaning mostly towards carrying the G26 because of the capacity cap and ease of reloading as opposed to the J-Frames.

Thanks in advance to all whom reply...
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    A fixed blade knife carried at 11:30 in a sheath with a clip.

I don't wear gym shorts out in a public setting unless I'm going to/from the gym.

It's almost impossible to carry anything bigger than a pocket gun on body, especially since gym shorts usually mean I'm also wearing a "form-fitting" T-Shirt. Off body carry is only a partial solution.

Feedback Score
    Highly unconventional thought processing. Drawstring gym shorts won't support the weight...try thinking about your undergarments maybe?
    Never sit at the bargaining table with an empty stomach.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    With gym shorts, I carry my LCR in what amounts to a pocket holster with a clip. A G26 is going to be considerably more difficult because of weight. Try to find some of the basketball shorts that have the very wide elastic band at the top. These generally have a wider drawstring too. Help keep things in place. I've seen them at the outlets at Under Armour and Nike, but you should be able to find them at similar places.

If it doesn't have to be AIWB, maybe a belly band or holster undershirt?

Good luck and let us know what you've come up with.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    G26 in a Raven IWB and a Wilderness belt around the waist and cinched tight. Even w/o belt loops everything stays in place. I do this for my commute when I run after work, while riding my bike, and if I need to stop to and from the gym. When I run with a gun it's a G19 in a Galco fanny pack cinched tight and worn high on the stomach so I don't rack myself every step.
    Last edited by jck397; 07-02-13 at 14:58. Reason: spelling

Feedback Score

Concealed Carry In Drawstring Gym Shorts?

I toss my S&W 442 in the
    Right front pocket while walking the dogs in gym shorts. I pull the string tight and haven't had any problems.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If I were riding a bike, I would want a concealed holster under my shirt. The same goes for jogging.

I don't care for the belly band holsters, so I would look for a holster sewn inside a shirt.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    This is basically what I was going to say, Belly band would be the way to go with the weight of a loaded G26, It'd be extremely difficult to carry it in any shorts without a belt.

Quote Originally Posted by TacCommE21 View Post
    With gym shorts, I carry my LCR in what amounts to a pocket holster with a clip. A G26 is going to be considerably more difficult because of weight. Try to find some of the basketball shorts that have the very wide elastic band at the top. These generally have a wider drawstring too. Help keep things in place. I've seen them at the outlets at Under Armour and Nike, but you should be able to find them at similar places.

If it doesn't have to be AIWB, maybe a belly band or holster undershirt?

Good luck and let us know what you've come up with.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I did a mini review of Smartcarry here: http://texasgunforum.com/index.php?topic=9693.0

I wear draw string type shorts and carry every day now that it is summer. I carry my M&P Shield. Works great.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Re: Concealed Carry In Drawstring Gym Shorts?

I use a LCP with belt clip and never had an issue.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast