Thread: Push Daggers?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    32 (100%)

Push Daggers?

Background: I'm a Benchmade whore. Read a review of their Adamas knife and decided to pick up a couple (folder and fixed, if autos were legal here, I'd get one, too). Then I picked up a Benchmade catalog and saw this under the Adamas Family section.

So it's a Sibert design, money goes to Ranger Assistance Foundation, &c. Push daggers are legal in Montana (in fact, except for autos, all bladed implements are legal in Montana), so I'm not really concerned about the legality of the weapon.

My question is: Is it a practical back-up to a handgun? The more research I do, the more I seem to understand the thing... and apparently they were once popular and common as a defensive tool, but since I tend to get no-BS answers here and since there doesn't appear to be any centralized information here on them....

Thanks!

ETA: And I assume that the Benchmade SOCP Dagger and Spartan Blades CQB Tool is a better 'get-off-me' blade than the push dagger. Is this correct? Does the push dagger offer any benefits over the SOCP (other than a slightly smaller footprint, making it potentially more comfortable to carry IWB)?
    Last edited by MountainRaven; 09-27-13 at 08:56.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -