Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sabre Defence choking on Wolf...Faulty Lot?

Feedback Score

Trash your Wolf

Throw that Wolf garbage in the trash. Use any decent brass cased ammo. For Wolf money you can get white box Winchester. They offer 62 grain USA. If you want heavier than 55 standard. I tell all the guys I build for to avoid any ammo thats not brass cased like the plague. I know the Wolf can be gotten for some good deals at times but if your gun wont handle it leave it alone.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wezalsgunsupply View Post
    Throw that Wolf garbage in the trash. Use any decent brass cased ammo. For Wolf money you can get white box Winchester. They offer 62 grain USA. If you want heavier than 55 standard. I tell all the guys I build for to avoid any ammo thats not brass cased like the plague. I know the Wolf can be gotten for some good deals at times but if your gun wont handle it leave it alone.
    Where can I get WWB for $5-6 a box?

Also, I only have 5-10 rounds of the Wolf left. I only bought 40 rounds to play with/test. The first 25 fed just fine. The rest gave me these issues.

Feedback Score

Ammo prices

I would love to get white box for 6$. My dealer cost is 7.87 I sell it for 9.25. One guy I deal with alot says AbleAmmo sells good brass case 223 pretty reasonable. I dont remember the brand. He buys 500-1000 rds at a time. Might check them out. Ive had many rifles brought to the shop with similar problems you speak of. Its almost always Wolf ammo. Its appealing because of the price. Some rifles eat it up with no problems. Ive got a CMMG that doesnt care what goes in it. But I leave the Wolf alone. Search the net. Some places have decent deals if you buy a case but that gets expensive. When I go to blast a couple of us split 1000rds. Thats easier to shoot a little cheaper.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Monarch steel laquered and brass are cheap and my Sabre eats them alive.

Feedback Score
    I've had pretty good luck with Wolf with no malfunctions yet (4k rounds out of each of my Colt's). Probably a bad lot. I got 4 boxes of Wolf .40 and one box was totally jacked up. Same can be said for any ammo. Most of the time you're fine.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    I had failures to feed with the 62 grain black box Wolf as well - I called Wolf at 888-757-9653. They told me they were having problems with that ammo, and they sent me prepaid labels so that I could return it for them to replace with Military Classic ammo. The Military Classic worked perfectly.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyEngineer View Post
    I had failures to feed with the 62 grain black box Wolf as well - I called Wolf at 888-757-9653. They told me they were having problems with that ammo, and they sent me prepaid labels so that I could return it for them to replace with Military Classic ammo. The Military Classic worked perfectly.
    At least they replaced it. I have some of that 62 gr black box stashed away. I wasn't planning on shooting it until a "rainy day", but maybe I should try it out to make sure its ok. Or maybe they can just tell me what lot numbers.

Feedback Score
    My bad lot number was hard to read - believe it's 420-07. However, Wolf told me the problem was widespread with their 62 grain FMJ black box ammo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12