Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Current production S&W M&P's (Update)

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Current production S&W M&P's (Update)

I just received in a batch of S&W M&P's and wanted to cover some of the changes.

1. Trigger bar: The latest version has a Letter "H" stamped into the side of it.

2. Slide catch/release: Has a bump on the right side that presses against the trigger bar giving the shooter a positive click during reset

3. Sear: This is now a Performance Center Sear.

4. Barrel: The twist rate happened some time ago, but it appears that that the slide to barrel hood fit is much better than what I have seen in the past. You still aren't going to get the same groups as a custom fitted barrel, but the guns should produce 3-5" groups @ 25yds. More than good enough for a service pistol.

For those interested, here are the latest M&P's we got in: http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin...ion&key=209301

C4

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That's good to know. I really wanted to like the one I bought last year but did not want to spend the money fix what should have worked from the factory.

I may have to try a new one again.
    Daniel

Never send a nail to do a screw's job.

Feedback Score
    Good to see some information like this. I was sort of considering an M&P as my first polymer pistol, but I didn't feel like trying to figure out the maze of different SKU's and the various updates and changed that have taken place in the past half dozen months.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Auto426 View Post
    Good to see some information like this. I was sort of considering an M&P as my first polymer pistol, but I didn't feel like trying to figure out the maze of different SKU's and the various updates and changed that have taken place in the past half dozen months.
    This is the BEST M&P I have seen S&W produce and at the $430 price tag, nothing beats it IMHO.

C4

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    This is good to hear. I currently have a 9mm compact on back order (LE), and I am hoping it comes with the upgrades.

Grant, do you know if these upgraded parts, particularly the trigger bar and slide stop, are in the pipeline yet? I would really be interested in upgrading a few of my older M&Ps.
    Last edited by PD Sgt.; 10-02-13 at 12:19. Reason: spelling fail

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PD Sgt. View Post
    This is good to hear. I currently have a 9mm compact on back order (LE), and I am hoping it comes with the upgrades.

Grant, do you know if these upgraded parts, particularly the trigger bar and slide stop, are in the pipeline yet? I would really be interested in upgrading a few of my older M&Ps.
    I think the trigger bars are, but not the slide catch. I have tried to get them, but no joy as of yet.

C4

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Now they just need to get the magazines flowing.
    Daniel

Never send a nail to do a screw's job.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by streck View Post
    Now they just need to get the magazines flowing.
    We just got word that the mag issues should be resolved shortly.

C4

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    I think the trigger bars are, but not the slide catch. I have tried to get them, but no joy as of yet.

C4
    Thanks. I will keep an eye out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    This is the BEST M&P I have seen S&W produce and at the $430 price tag, nothing beats it IMHO.

C4
    I do like the M&P's best when it comes to the more mainstream polymer guns, but I am thinking that I will like the HK P30 better. The grip was love at first grab, and I was surprised by the paddle magazine release and how easy it was for me to use. I am just a little unsure of the LEM trigger at this point, otherwise I probably would have purchased one by now.

Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast