Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hilarious Commentary On The Gov. Shutdown

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)

Hilarious Commentary On The Gov. Shutdown

Ran across this piece- some of you might find it humorous;

http://sultanknish.blogspot.com/2013...-descends.html

The United States of America (1787-2013) came to a swift and sudden end last night as the government shut down. The nation which had survived Pearl Harbor, the War of 1812 and Jimmy Carter ceased to exist.

The savage population, which had only been kept in line through a policy of rigorous gun confiscations, food stamps and Green Energy programs unleashed its pent up rage in a spree of riots, looting and mass murder that had only previously been encountered in Somalia.

“The government shut down! We can do anything we like,” shouted Sam Hasbley of Grassley, Iowa, while tearing the tag off a mattress despite an explicit warning label forbidding such a dangerous course of action. “Tear yours off. The government is shut down. It can’t stop you.”...
    Priceless.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    It's the end of the world as they (politicians) know it. And I feel fine.

NRA Life Member
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    More shut down, please.
    It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! ... Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry in an address at St. John’s Church, Richmond, Virginia, on March 23, 1775.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Jellybean, I enjoyed that, thanks! Utopia...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Good stuff
    "Intelligence is not the ability to regurgitate information. It is the ability to make sound decisions on a consistent basis "--me

"Just remember, when you are talking to the average person, you are talking to a television set"--RDJB

One Big Ass Mistake America

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NWPilgrim View Post
    More shut down, please.
    X2

McCain can take his apocalypse rhetoric and shove it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    People that work in and around the beltway are unaware of the large appendage attached to them that most people call "the rest of America."

I really enjoyed the sequester and I am enjoying the "shut down" even more. I can't wait for the debt limit. Given that most govt employees are vastly overpaid, and most govt work is, in fact, non-essential, I see no reason not to keep this thing going.

Feedback Score
    Have not missed a damn thing since they "shut down" the govt.

My guess is that most other have not noticed any changes, either.

Big media would have you think this is the end times...what a crock!

-brickboy240

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have three items pending approval by BATFE. I'll 'bout guarantee they will delay my approval at least two days for every day they are shut down. I read some folks on the internet who own a home on government property have been forced out of their home for the duration of the shutdown. I have friends who live in the Ocala National Forest. They sold the government their land for a very favorable price to the government. They have a 50 year lease on the land for a dollar a year but they own the buildings, their home and garage. They got some tax advantages out of it but they mainly did it to protect the environmentally sensitive land they formerly owned. I'll call and see if they are being forced out of their home. There are thousands of people in the same situation who wanted to continue to live on their land but protect it for future generations. How vindictive is that to kick them out of their homes?
    Last edited by Suwannee Tim; 10-07-13 at 11:42.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    My in-laws were in San Diego and loved the fact that no one was on the beach ticketing people drinking. They've closed down Lake Mead here and boaters are voicing their opinions by protesting on the Strip.

If the southern border was considered a national park would Obama close that too?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast