Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you know any black gun owners?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Do you know any black gun owners?

I'm sure I'll get castrated with a spoon asking anything remotely "race related" but I was wondering, do any of you know any black gun owners?

I find it rather discouraging that I know of only one. I have yet to encounter a black gun owner at a gun shop, gun show, range, etc. While I feel that it isn't about "who" the legal, responsible gun owners are but rather that there are more of them out there, I just wish they were a more visual, represented part of the community.

So, do you know of any black gun owners?

Feedback Score
    No. I have a couple black friends, but due to typical youth inspired antics, the only guns they own were purchased out of trunks of cars. They do not often go out to ranges shooting or CC the firearms that they can not legally own.

There are most likely a similar percentage of black to white gun owners, but there are 10 times the number of white folks (guessing) so the numbers fall to show many more white owners.
    I save money using AMSOIL full synthetic lubricants. Do you?
    http://www.lubedealer.com/DiscountPowerParts/home.aspx

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I know quite a few black gun owners. Most of them are former military personnel who work for my current employer now.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score

YES

One of my very best childhood friends is from Trinidad, and he's the proud owner of a WASR10, and a G21. His cousin has a WASR10, a Bushy AR-15, a Mossy 500, and a hand gun (?). One of my neighbors is a SWAT officer.

My Trinidadian friend actually had to brandish his G21 when 5 drunk frat boy types surrounded him in a parking lot and wouldn't let him get into his car after he finished having dinner with some friends. He also mentioned when a convict escaped from from a near by jail, and was roaming around his neighborhood, that he slept on the couch with his WASR10 in fear for his wife's/son's safety. He's a cool gun owner.

Also I have a neighbor that I met actually walking to the polls during the recent election. He voted for Obama, but I made conversation with him respectfully and we have since become occasional running partners. The other day I spoke with him about the 2nd, and it's meaning as well as some history about gun control, and how originally it was used to keep blacks from attaining guns. Needless to say he was all ears, and agrees with all of my points. I think I will take him shooting eventually so he can become another armed law abiding citizen!
    "To ask is but a moments shame, but to not ask, and remain ignorant is a life's shame" - Lao Tzu

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Not a single one. Then again, the county I live in has all of 3 black people in it.

C4

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Not a single one. Then again, the county I live in has all of 3 black people in it.

C4
    Same here....have many a hispanic compadre that are gun owners & big time hunters. Lots of them in leo & it's just a regional deal.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    - A co-worker (black) and her husband (white) are Gun Owners. Although she happens to be very Liberal in her political views.

- A member of one of the local LE Agencies SWAT. Political view unknown.

- A fellow Reserve Deputy and a retired CO. Conservative views.

- A couple of members of my Gun Club. The one I've had the most contact with is a hadrcore shotgunner. Very Liberal politically.

- Another co-worker who happens to b a Ranger (school-wise). Unknown Political view.
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score
    Many. Some quite well.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Ben Franklin 1759

Feedback Score
    I know multiple. One of my collegues recently asked me to take her to the range so she can learn some basics.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    I know quite a few black gun owners. Most of them are former military personnel who work for my current employer now.
    Same here.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast