Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Norma Rifle powder 202 anyone?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Norma Rifle powder 202 anyone?

I just ordered 10 lbs of it from Midway. Looks to be an extruded. Anyone ever play with this stuff?
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Yep, good stuff. Reloader 12 was re-labeled Norma 202 -- good for 5.56/223 and 308.

Alliant no longer carries Reloader 12, but you should be able to find data in forums.

For folks looking for powder equivalents while the buying craze is on:

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Cool. Thanks.

Not really wanting to get into yet another powder, but it was in stock.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    16 week wait period. Tough.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thei3ug View Post
    16 week wait period. Tough.
    Yeah. I wonder if the powder is still on the water...
    I'd rather buy now rather than regret NOT doing so in 16 weeks.

It's no like there's any inventory to be shipping out anywhere. I'm thinking that old Larry Potterfield won't let me down though.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    From Midway on why the long wait to ship Hazmat. Makes sense.

While we have the inventory ready to go, common carriers, including UPS and FedEx, limit the amount of items classified as Hazardous Materials (HAZMAT) products in their standard trailers to a maximum of 100 pounds per truck. In addition, the hubs where shipments are processed also have a maximum limitation on the amount of HAZMAT materials present in their facilities at any one time. Because our order levels far exceed the amount of smokeless powder we can get on the trucks or send through the shipping hubs each day, we are experiencing a shipping backlog. Rest assured we are continuing to ship orders at our maximum capacity; unfortunately the lead time for powder shipments continues to grow. We are now estimating that it will be 14 weeks from the time any new order is placed until it leaves our powder shipping facility. In some instances, we may be able to get the order out earlier than the estimated 14 weeks, but as we continue to take powder orders, the timeline could continue to increase.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I just received the same notification. That is a business crushing bottleneck.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thei3ug View Post
    That is a business crushing bottleneck.
    Wow. The 100lbs/truck limit makes me wonder how Midway receives shipments...

It's hard to believe that they can't receive more than twelve 8lbs jugs at a time.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Probably delivered from the manufacturer by their own transport or by contract. Then it gets sucked into in Midway's warehouse location whirlpool and can only trickle out via common carrier to its retail destination.

Was using this as a mini case study over dinner tonight.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Midway would reveive shipments from a dedicated hazmat carrier. meaning they are probably driving a truck placarded with explosive warnings. So they can carry pretty much however much the truck can carry as long as they are not crossing bridges.

UPS not carrying more than that on each truck keeps them from having to placard and basically open a major box of worms regarding the federal regulations to haul hazmat. Any driver they had would also have to have a CDL and have a hazmat endorsment. keeping the weight of what they can carry down keeps things much simpler for them.

Google the hazmat book. A whole lot of pages that will make your head spin.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast