Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for a Semi-Auto MP5

Feedback Score
    u can get an HK MP5 SBR semi and they also have a SD or 2 on hand but its ganna cost ya. This is the guy autoweapons.com he is in Phili, PA
    Wining hearts and minds... Two to the chest one to the head

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The guys at autoweapons have been great to deal with. I've purchased several times through them.

Feedback Score
    same here my family has purchased most of there autos from them and Van even put us the main line at the creek a year a go. He has put that company together right and they have some of the best customer service i have delt with in the firearm industry
    Wining hearts and minds... Two to the chest one to the head

Feedback Score
    Just curious here. . .Could the HK SP89<---(if one has one) and HK MP5 be kinda sorta have interchangeable parts so as to be semiauto? Yes/No? If so is there too much of a hassle/trouble or more than likely some legal ramifications?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CLHC View Post
    Just curious here. . .Could the HK SP89<---(if one has one) and HK MP5 be kinda sorta have interchangeable parts so as to be semiauto? Yes/No? If so is there too much of a hassle/trouble or more than likely some legal ramifications?

What?
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    If you are just looking for plinking/fun, the GSG-5 in 22lr is an absolute hoot to shoot. Plus with ammo the way it is now, you can let people shoot it with out feeling your wallet get lighter.

I picked one up and I've been impressed so far, you get some odd looks from people at the range who don't know what it is.

For $500, you can't beat it.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CLHC View Post
    I have heard of people doing this. If I remember correctly, it requires a little work in order to properly affix the stock.

The question remains - why bother? I haven't looked in years, but I'd guess that a decent SP89 would be at least $3K these days, plus the $200 stamp, plus the parts and any necessary smithing to make it happen. All that so you can have what amounts to a 9mm pistol with a shoulder stock.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Brugger & Thomet make a semiauto MP5...the B&T-96.... are these available in the US?
    *** Damn Proud to Be an American Ally ! ***

The Armory:
    Colt 6601 - Colt 6731 - Colt 613 - Steyr StG.58 - M1 Carbine - Galil SAR - CZ Scorpion EVO - Franchi PA8 - Glock 17 - Pietta/Colt SAA 1873 - SA 1911A1 Mil Spec - Ruger LCP

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frens View Post
    Brugger & Thomet make a semiauto MP5...the B&T-96.... are these available in the US?
    Unfortunately, no they are not. We have laws on the books, 922(r) and 925d(3), which prevent "non-sporting" long guns from being imported. What exactly constitutes "non-sporting"? Great question....our Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms has Carte Blanche to arbitrarily determine this. Semiautomatic, ability to accept a magazine over ten rounds, protruding pistol grip, threaded muzzle....all of these things they deem as non-sporting.

I have a Coharie Arms CA89 fullsize pistol that I run with a fullauto DLO HK triggerpack. Todd finally has gotten things right with these. The receivers are almost identical to that of an HK. The 3-lug barrel is in spec and mounts my SWR QD3K can without problem. The main issue with the CA89s is that the extractor springs are not in-spec. I replaced mine with a genuine HK mp5 extractor spring and now it runs 100%. You may consider just fully replacing the bolt group and recoil spring with a genuine HK unit.

He has made many tweaks to his stamping dies over the years. It seems like he now has things just right.

I paid $980 shipped for mine and am very happy I did. They are now around $1200 and I still think that represents a significant value in light of how well he has done with the current offering.

Oh, and I wouldn't wait to buy one. Todd, for some reason, has decided to stop producing these guns with short barrels as pistols and with paddle mag installed. He is transitioning to only making/selling an HK94-pattern rifle, with long barrel, no option for a fullauto carrier, and no paddle mag.

Feedback Score
    If you want one bad enough you can build one from a kit.

http://www.hkparts.net/5.htm

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12