Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My First KISS (Carbine)

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Add more and it's no longer KISS. Keep it the way it is if that was your goal from jump street.

Sent from my piece-o-shit phone using Tapatalk 2
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    MI makes a quality product. I haven't knocked it around much but it seems pretty secure in the mount. I really like the diameter and profile. It will get warm if you start dumping mags so I will add the MI rail grips soon. The rail is very light and that is good for the gun's balance.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Nice rifle, I personally like the a2 stock especially for a working rifle. Also keep it as simple as you like, but without a light its wortheless at night. Kiss but atleast put a g2 on it.
    "Courage is being scared to death ,but saddling up anyways" John wayne

NO BETTER FRIEND NO WORSE ENEMY

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Guns-up.50 View Post
    without a light its wortheless at night.
    Curious about this. Is turning on a light always the best practice? Doesn't that give away one's position?

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveAR View Post
    Curious about this. Is turning on a light alway the best practice? Doesn't that give away one's position?
    If you are referring to an AD sure would give your pos away. But I would rather ID my tgt than shoot my kid. Lights have their place, on a carbine is one of them. pratice good light discipline, ID your tgt, youll be ok. Lights are one of the first accessories I get.
    "Courage is being scared to death ,but saddling up anyways" John wayne

NO BETTER FRIEND NO WORSE ENEMY

Feedback Score
    Added the BCM Mod 3 grip and Charging handle. Like these a lot.

Feedback Score
    Nice looking rig. I usually don't like the look of the A2 stock but with this extended rail, it works well, also I love 2 tone rifles

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Go for a Cavalry Arms C1 stock instead of an A1 stock.

Quote Originally Posted by locofinn View Post
    I'm a firm believer in keeping it simple with fewer moving parts that could fail. My intent is not to have a full on battle carbine but I wanted a very simple and reliable SHTF rifle I can count on to quickly hit what I am aiming at.

It may not look as badass as an adjustable stock but I prefer the solid feel of a fixed stock. Also, the balance of the rifle is very good while maintaining a reasonable overall length and weight.

I feel the A2 rifle buffer works well with the carbine gas system compared to a friend's carbine buffer. I also think the spring length is an overlooked detail when comparing buffer system smoothness. I'm not an expert as this is my first AR, but I know what I feel and like.

I'm not sure I will stick with this stock as the length of pull is about 1" longer than optimal for my body frame. I may go with an A1 or VLTOR A5 unit to solve this while maintaining the A2 buffer feel.

Is a gun project ever done?

Feedback Score
    Am I missing something? When did the colored M3 PMAGs come out? I would love some in FDE.

Feedback Score
    Very nice! I have the MI-SS gen 2 handguard on one of my rifles and love it. It has held up well on cross country run n gun events so far. I really like the light weight, and the narrow profile is very comfortable.

However, I gotta say I prefer to have the front sight attached to the barrel, especially if it is the primary sighting system and not just a backup. I run free floats, but I keep the factory fixed front on all mine. I don't like the idea of the front sight floating independently of the barreled action.
    "This motto may adorn their tombs
    (Let tyrants come and view):
    We rather seek these silent rooms
    Than live as slaves to you."

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast