Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My First KISS (Carbine)

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by locofinn View Post

Resisting much temptation to hang a bunch of tactical gear on it. It is difficult but I will try.
    Put a white light on it and call it done. Nice looking rifle.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gotzero View Post
    Am I missing something? When did the colored M3 PMAGs come out? I would love some in FDE.
    I have not seen colored mags. I did a rattle can job on the M3 PMAGs to match the rail and stock. The color os OD, The color does not show up true in the photo.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Nice build. I like the feel of a fixed stock too, in the same boat with ya on the length. I prefer the KISS method and now you have me thinking about trying a carbine gas with an A2 rear end.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Nice rifle!

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Nicely done. I like your choices especially the sling and sights. Both are my favorites too.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by youreacrab View Post
    Go for a Cavalry Arms C1 stock instead of an A2 stock.
    I did the same thing for a few of my rifles (I'm 5'10"). Their stocks also allow the rear sling loop to rotate almost 180 degrees to put it on the left or right side. Build looks good, btw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.

Feedback Score
    Nice build, I'm with you on the KISS theory. How are you liking the BCM grip?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jaragon View Post
    Nice build, I'm with you on the KISS theory. How are you liking the BCM grip?
    It feels a lot better for me. I can keep my elbow tucked in well with the more vertical grip angle. The grip is also fatter and just feels right. Price was great also!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by locofinn View Post
    It feels a lot better for me. I can keep my elbow tucked in well with the more vertical grip angle. The grip is also fatter and just feels right. Price was great also!
    I'm a big fan of them also. It's a great grip.

Feedback Score
    Affter shooting awhile with A2 stock I'm going to change this out to a Vltor A5. The A2 has great balance and softens the carbine gas system but is just about 1 inch too long for my frame. I'm hoping the A5 buffer system will match the A2 buffer feel.
    Last edited by locofinn; 12-08-13 at 11:17.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast