Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help with Larue scope mount

Feedback Score

Need help with Larue scope mount

Just bought a new scope and Larue 20moa base and LT120 scope mount for my Remington 700 PSS. I mounted everything up and I was able to put five rounds in about .5 moa group at 100yds. I like that but I had to build the comb of the stock up about 1.75" to get the right eye alignment. I see a lot of raised combs on bolt guns so should I just be happy or can I lower this set up to get the scope closer to the barrel? Here's a pic and thanks for any advice.
    Last edited by highlighter; 10-19-13 at 20:06.

Feedback Score
    as long and you can adjust your comb height, its not a issue... it just my look a tad funny

question... y did u go with a DQ base?

also, buy this

http://www.kineticresearchgroup.com/...s/boltlift.php

thank me later..
    Last edited by Ring; 10-20-13 at 01:54.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The lower you mount a scope the better. But if you already spent the cash on the mount maybe the higher comb on the stock could work.

I gotta say it looks a little weird but if it works and you don't have OCD go with it.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Your combo of a 20moa pic rail and the Larue one piece scope mount have the scope way too high for me.

If it was my rifle, I would replace the scope mount with a good set of rings that lower the scope instead of trying to work on the stock, but YMMV.

Feedback Score
    Unless you need the QD for some reason just go with a good quality steel base/ring combo. That setup is higher than I would want unless I had to for some reason.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Larue offers a set of QD rings that may be a better option, if you need to have the glass removable. Badger, US Optics, or Nightforce rings, medium or low height, would be my suggestion
    Last edited by hk_shootr; 10-20-13 at 07:33.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Yeah, that's a little high.

Get a hold of LaRue and explain that you need to exchange it for a lower mount or even better their low rings. Take some measurements before hand and talk with them about various heights, they can guide you to the right solution. In all of my experience with them, they are very helpful (I once exchanged a mount 3 times before I finally got it perfect).

Once you get the scope lower, then you can move on to comb risers if needed. I would always rather have the scope as low as possible first, makes for better ergonomics and the chance of no risers needed, removing one more piece from the accuracy/repeatability puzzle.
    SF

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnut284 View Post
    Unless you need the QD for some reason just go with a good quality steel base/ring combo. That setup is higher than I would want unless I had to for some reason.
    +1 this, on a bolt gun that has one optic it doesn't need to qd.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by britishtq View Post
    +1 this, on a bolt gun that has one optic it doesn't need to qd.
    I like a QD for cleaning but not all my rifles can have a Larue mount. I'd be broke doing it lol
    Originally Posted by Iraqgunz
    This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC_Anglico View Post
    Yeah, that's a little high.

Get a hold of LaRue and explain that you need to exchange it for a lower mount or even better their low rings. Take some measurements before hand and talk with them about various heights, they can guide you to the right solution. In all of my experience with them, they are very helpful (I once exchanged a mount 3 times before I finally got it perfect).

Once you get the scope lower, then you can move on to comb risers if needed. I would always rather have the scope as low as possible first, makes for better ergonomics and the chance of no risers needed, removing one more piece from the accuracy/repeatability puzzle.
    I'm going to call them tomorrow. Larue has always been awesome to me in the past and they give you a month to decide if you want to keep it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast