Thread: Surefire rechageable batteries

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Surefire rechageable batteries

Are these any good? How long to they hold a charge? Recently got a G2X, and was reading the stuff that came with it and saw that they offer a charger and batteries for $29.00. Since I'm going to be using it daily, (every evening to go out after dark and stoke my outside woodburner) I'm wondering if the rechargeable route wouldn't be more cost-effective way to go, but, I don't know how well the rechargeable batteries perform, a search found nothing.
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    More than one report on battery life like this one. http://www.led-resource.com/2012/03/...x-fury-review/ Looks like less than 1/2 life with the rechargeable. I have been using rechargeable AA batteries for years. You might do better getting a Mini Maglight that uses AAs like many other devices you own.Thomas Distributing is a reliable source. GH
    Last edited by GH41; 12-25-13 at 18:25.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    More than one report on battery life like this one. http://www.led-resource.com/2012/03/...x-fury-review/ Looks like less than 1/2 life with the rechargeable. I have been using rechargeable AA batteries for years. You might do better getting a Mini Maglight that uses AAs like many other devices you own.Thomas Distributing is a reliable source. GH
    Thanks, At this point in time, I'm not real keen on Mag lights...I've had 2, 3cell Mag lights shit on me, one within 2-3 months of use,(bought new) the other within a year,(bought new) looks like the switches on both went out. Mag Industries was of little to no help as far as warranty,(unless I want to pay $15 to send it back to them to look at, as per their warranty) I have a few Mini Mag lights and they've been more reliable, I'm trying to distance myself from them, and move to something with much higher reliability, more lumens. So, I guess I'll have to stock up on batteries...
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..