Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MERGED: Last lead smelter to shutdown in DEC

Feedback Score

Question Is it time to stock up? Last lead smelter to shutdown in DEC plus LAX is shot up.

Ammo was finally back on shelves and prices were stabilizing to pre-Sandy Hook prices. This week alone we find out the last lead smelter in the US is shutting its doors then LAX gets shot up. Factor in the Naval yard shooting and the NG shooting in TN. Are we facing another rush on ammunition and firearms? Do we need to stock up before prices double?

Doc Williams
    U.S. Army Combat Medic/Flight Medic Retired
    1987 - 2013
    Flight Medic Class 4-95

http://www.dustoff.org/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonDoc View Post
    Ammo was finally back on shelves and prices were stabilizing to pre-Sandy Hook prices. This week alone we find out the last lead smelter in the US is shutting its doors then LAX gets shot up. Factor in the Naval yard shooting and the NG shooting in TN. Are we facing another rush on ammunition and firearms? Do we need to stock up before prices double?
    Friends don't let friends panic buy

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonDoc View Post
    Do we need to stock up before prices double?
    We've been past that for quit awhile now . . .

Clinton will run in '14 on top of everything else.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    I think the smart people have been stocking up since Nov. 2008.

Stocking up is a continual process for me...hoarding a little at a time over the long haul.

A box of ammo here...spare mag there. Before you know it...you have a closet full of the things that disappear or double in value.

Lately, 22LR is still the hardest thing to stock up on.

-brickboy240

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by brickboy240 View Post

Stocking up is a continual process for me...hoarding a little at a time over the long haul.

A box of ammo here...spare mag there. Before you know it...you have a closet full of the things that disappear or double in value.

Lately, 22LR is still the hardest thing to stock up on.

-brickboy240
    .22LR is the one ammo type that I have plenty of. I don't even own a .22LR that I shoot anymore and I have over 5k of the stuff just sitting around... waiting for the end of days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Marines love CLP. Chow, libo, pussy.

Beyond that everything else is a crap shoot.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by brickboy240 View Post
    I started after Clinton's AWB expired in '04.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    I've been one step behind the power curve since 2008. It is has been amazingly hard to stock up when you don't have the spare cash. Retirement from active duty has helped a little (no more keeping two households plus driving from Hood to San Antonio on the weekend). The big kicker has been prices. So, I have learned my lesson and I will try to score what I can. I also have a better idea of what is low priced versus gouging. Makes me wonder what next year will bring for prices though.

Doc Williams
    1987 - 2013
    Flight Medic Class 4-95

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    I started after Clinton's AWB expired in '04.
    I wish I had followed your example. I naively believed that we were good to good. I didn't understand what we were up against because I spent my 20s worrying about foreign policy or the next field exercise. One thing I did stock up on when the Clinton AWB went in to effect was M16 mags.

Doc Williams
    1987 - 2013
    Flight Medic Class 4-95

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    No, go buy a furnace and some wheel weights and roll your own. Oh ya a 45/70 would be helpful too.

If you feel like you need to panic.

Feedback Score
    If you haven't been stocking up prior to his first run 5 years ago, and continued to do so, you are already way behind the 8 ball.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast