Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: MERGED: Last lead smelter to shutdown in DEC

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    I hate to see American manufacturing shut down but this probably won't have a huge effect on ammunition. If there's a demand, and there is, somebody will start importing lead to make up the difference. Does anyone know what percentage of our ammunition is even coming from that one smelter in the first place? My guess is we're already shooting a lot of imported lead anyway. Worst case scenario we could shoot copper solids or even mild steel projectiles.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    I was thinking the same thing !!! I saw something from Sierra and they say its really shouldn't impact them much !! They get the Majority of there Lead from recycling !!! I'm sure the "other bullet makers do also !! I saw the link from my facebook page,,(Yea,,Yea,,I know,,FB,,WTF,,LOL) Hey guys,,here is the Link that was posted on my FB page ! It could be worse I guess,,but just in case,,,I think I mite sell a "extra" rifle or two and buy bullets just to be on the safe side,,LOL !
    http://sierrabullets.wordpress.com/2...ierra-bullets/

Feedback Score
    The demand for lead is still increasing. It is often cheaper to build a new plant than to make an old plant compliant with new regulations. They may have no choice other than to close up shop and start over.

Feedback Score
    Canada has lead smelting plants and so does Mexico, and the US has lead recycling. Your worrying about nothing, as long as we have cars we well have lead for batteries.

I'm going to start a new internet rumor............

Medical researchers at the Mayo Clinic have discovered that Orange Juice causes cancer in gay rats.

Feedback Score
    double post
    Last edited by bigedp51; 11-02-13 at 00:20.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigedp51 View Post
    Canada has lead smelting plants and so does Mexico, and the US has lead recycling. Your worrying about nothing, as long as we have cars we well have lead for batteries.
    Yep. Brad at Missouri Bullet already stated that won't affect their supply. I'm fine with it.
    I'm an FFL/gunsmith, not the holster company. We specialize in subsonic ammunition and wholesale rifles.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I saw AIM had 1000 rounds of Lake City for $400 yesterday.

I immediately went to their website after getting the email and it was already sold out.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skintop911 View Post
    Easy does it. Nothing drives a shortage like talk of a shortage.
    This is the truth.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    I started after Clinton's AWB expired in '04.
    The writing was on the wall when GWB said he would sign an extension if it came across his desk.

Thats when I started "shoot one-store one"... case.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
    Up men! Up! And to your posts! Let no man forget today that he is from Old Virginia! - General George Pickett

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigedp51 View Post
    Yep. The Left's wet-dream of electric cars for everyone is tied to lead.

The price might fluctuate a bit. Prices always do. But I doubt it will skyrocket. A huge jump in the price of lead would destroy that dream.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast