Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .458 SOCOM build

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

.458 SOCOM build

Here's some pics of a .458 SOCOM build I'm involved with building for a client.

Interesting potential & capabilities.

I'll post more as it progresses. Blasted it today so it's prepped for Cerakote & Microslick.
    SEEKINS Precision Lower & Upper
    16" Heavy Barrel
    Ti Can

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Can't wait to see how that turns out! Although still can't decide how I like the Seekins Precision receivers.

I've always been interested in the .458 SOCOM but costs have kept me out of it. If I decided to try reloading for it, I think it could make a neat HD carbine

Feedback Score

.458 SOCOM build

Simply wow! Love the work!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Tell me about the can. I have never seen an octagonal can, who made it? The detail on the magwell is interesting. Does it provide some functional benefit or is it purely cosmetic? What does an upper and lower like that cost? I mean back when you could get them.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You're looking at slightly north of 500 for the set when you go with one of their modular uppers. Thats an iRMT-r which is very nice, love mine. Most of the lines on them are aesthetics but they sure are pretty. What they look like before blasting

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suwannee Tim View Post
    Tell me about the can. I have never seen an octagonal can, who made it? The detail on the magwell is interesting. Does it provide some functional benefit or is it purely cosmetic? What does an upper and lower like that cost? I mean back when you could get them.

1slow01Z71 got most of it nicely stated.

There may be some credence to their ergonomic magwell design as kinda of a 'reflex response' to how shooters really reload w/ their thumb indexing as an example vs. textbook 2 dimensional. I can see their point but as w/ all systems, Warfare fighters all know we are the ones who adapt generally. It's nicely executed & thought out.

Can is made by :

http://oss-online.com/about/

Shot a few of their Cans & always worked well for me. Met Steve a couple of times. I stay out of personalities as much as possible.

It is Titanium Octagonal & comparatively light. The OB concept is to get the SBR's or 16" weight better balanced to drive the weapon through TT&P's rather than fight it with the longer Can.

Had some interesting discussions about some 500 gr frangible that has some interest from some special groups for specific applications.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'd be interested in these 500gr bullets, after 3 monyhs I finally gor my wilson combat 458 rifle kit to put together too.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    4 colors of Cerakote 'H" series

Feedback Score
    Great job on that finish. I really like it. Now you got the bug in my ear.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by aguila327 View Post
    Great job on that finish. I really like it. Now you got the bug in my ear.
    Thx.
    It's not my fav caliber but it has been a hoot to build & get's many comments about the CAMO. Perfect blend for my AO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast