Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Steel plates for Targets?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    51 (100%)

Best Steel plates for Targets?

Not sure where to put this although it does involve training/shooting.

I'm looking for some steel plates for targets from 100-1000 yards. What do you guys use and where is the best place to order them? I figure AR500 is what most use. I am mostly looking for silouhette, square/circle, and 1 Gong. I have stands already designed/built but my mild steel plate supply is running dry and I'm tired of punching holes through them.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    law enforcement targets

letargets.com

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Yeh, LE Targets. Excellent company. We shoot AR500 only with rifles. 3/8 would probably be good enough is we're talking 100 yards or more. We shoot ours from quite a bit closer so we use the 1/2 inch stuff.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Wideners

http://www.wideners.com/itemview.cfm?dir=1020

Buy any 6 steel targets in one order & shipping is free according to the last email they sent me.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Might give these guys a look. www.mgmtargets.com

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JW5219 View Post
    Might give these guys a look. www.mgmtargets.com

A TigerSwan Instructor told me last week that mgm is GTG.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    I'm a believer in MGM.
    Can't say that nobody does as good as they do, just that I have been very happy with them in comparison to others.

For cheap plates, Widener's are pretty good.

Typos brought to you via Tapatalk and autocorrect.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just shot up a bunch if ShootSteel 1/2" plates. Handguns including .44 mag at 15 yds splattered but no dents. At .75 yds .223 also splattered and no dents. Finally got a hint of dents with a Mosin. Two hits from the Mosin on the very edge cut a shallow groove which I understand is where the heat treat may be compromised. Overall very impressed.
    It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! ... Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry in an address at St. John’s Church, Richmond, Virginia, on March 23, 1775.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I bought a steel silhouette from qualitytargets.com based on a member's recommendation. They had the best price overall i found. I'm quite happy with it.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Some companies cut their AR500 steel plate with a plain old plasma cutter. That ruins the temper around the edges and you'll eventually get a lot of nicks and gouges from bullet strikes in about a 1 inch circumferential margin. Look for AR 500 that's been cut with underwater plasma or some other technology that leaves the steel's temper alone.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast