Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FS2000

Feedback Score

FS2000

Hey guys what do you think of the FS2000? I have never shot one and have only briefly handled one. This has been on my "to buy" list below the SCAR 1st choice and the Masada.

One of the cons I see with the FS2000 is its inability to use Pmags but I have plenty of USGI's.
    Im Shihan of Shihan Gear.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Not my gig as I don't care for bullpups here's one of the part-timers of VA Arms shooting his at the Black Creek 3gun match. He did a neat job of DuraCoating it.

Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Shihan,
    I have put a few hundred rounds through them, at shot show and at various FN meet and greet functions.

They are "neat" in that they are the only truly ambi 556 bullpup on the market.

They have the butt heavy bullpup thing, like an AUG. They are neat in close confines and more than accurate enough for the job at hand.

The manual of arms is different enough that you would have to put some serious reps into re-training from traditional rifles.

I dont think they offer any huge advantages at the price point they are selling at but if they were in the 1000-1200 $ range I would probably get one as a novelty.

Same goes for the AUG and clones.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I like it (of course). It ran very well through a Pat Rogers Carbine class.

I actually like the balance since it puts a lot of the weight between your strong arm and your body as opposed to being front heavy. I find that it feels more comfortable to shoot weekhanded than any other longarm. I especially like its compactness.

Below is a comparison of the FS2000 with my AR15 with the stock collapsed.

And next to the Carbine with the Stock extended and my FN FAL

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    How are they for clearing a feedway malfunction, or an extraction/ejection malf?
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Remove the mag and rack the bolt back and forth a few times and it should fall out of the mag well. If it is really bad you can pop the upper and lower apart and slide them open without separating them. This can be done in like 2 seconds.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
    Hey guys what do you think of the FS2000? I have never shot one and have only briefly handled one. This has been on my "to buy" list below the SCAR 1st choice and the Masada.

One of the cons I see with the FS2000 is its inability to use Pmags but I have plenty of USGI's.
    i really don't like these things. if they work for you, more power to ya, but if it was my money i'd spend it on a top of the line DI or piston AR instead of the FS2000

what i dont like about it: lack of bolt hold open, way too bulky, availability and cost of spare parts, i really dont like the trigger at all...also the one i messed around with was pretty ammo sensitive, but they might not all be like that. perhaps this one was just finicky.

i really see no advantages over an AR-15.....AR has better ergonomics (for me), it has bolt hold open, has more available spare parts and accessories, the AR-15 has a better stock trigger (and you can use any trigger you fancy), i find the AR easier to field strip....plus i just think the FS2000 is really ugly. it it was an amazing weapon i wouldn't care if it was ugly or not....but i dont find it that amazing, so that's just another strike against it for me

perhaps i'm biased, because i don't really like bulpups much at all. i generally don't like their ergos and ballance. the trigger pull on bulpups usually sucks because of the long trigger bar required in the design. the action is right by your face and ear and they are harder to reload (especially while prone).

the PS90 is really the only bulpup i like, but that's because the magazine goes on top and the report isn't very loud. i still have quite a few issues with the PS90, but its a fun enough lil blaster that i can overlook the faults.

Feedback Score
    Thanks guys, I think I will wait to see how things go with the new releases and the political climate and make the decsion then. I would hate to have that crap I should of bought that in the back of my mind if we are in a situation where they arent available.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Parabellum9x19mm View Post
    i really don't like these things. if they work for you, more power to ya, but if it was my money i'd spend it on a top of the line DI or piston AR instead of the FS2000

what i dont like about it: lack of bolt hold open, way too bulky, availability and cost of spare parts, i really dont like the trigger at all...also the one i messed around with was pretty ammo sensitive, but they might not all be like that. perhaps this one was just finicky.

i really see no advantages over an AR-15.....AR has better ergonomics (for me), it has bolt hold open, has more available spare parts and accessories, the AR-15 has a better stock trigger (and you can use any trigger you fancy), i find the AR easier to field strip....plus i just think the FS2000 is really ugly. it it was an amazing weapon i wouldn't care if it was ugly or not....but i dont find it that amazing, so that's just another strike against it for me

perhaps i'm biased, because i don't really like bulpups much at all. i generally don't like their ergos and ballance. the trigger pull on bulpups usually sucks because of the long trigger bar required in the design. the action is right by your face and ear and they are harder to reload (especially while prone).

the PS90 is really the only bulpup i like, but that's because the magazine goes on top and the report isn't very loud. i still have quite a few issues with the PS90, but its a fun enough lil blaster that i can overlook the faults.
    I have plenty of DI AR's(but could always use more) and have a piston on order. The FS2000 would fit into the other stuff catagory.

What issues have you had with the PS90? I have had none. The lack of a BHO dosent bother me in the least as thats a training issue.

Feedback Score

It is too expensive

The FS2000 looks like a fun rifle but it aint $2200+ fun. I could buy an M1A and an AR for that much and really cover my bases. There are apparently very few spare parts available at this time. Too high risk for me at this time. Maybe they are so expensive becuase of the weak dollar or maybe there is great deal of petroleum used to make that synthetic stock?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast