Thread: Seekins SP223 Lower - Out of Spec

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Seekins SP223 Lower - Out of Spec

I've been trying to wrap up this Seekins lower build out, and came across an issue with the rear takedown pin hole, which sits under the grip. After taking out the .0050 allen screw, the detent and detent spring are too big to fit. I at first thought the detent may be out of spec (CMMG parts), but it fits fine into a second Seekins lower i have here.

Here's a picture. The detent/spring fits fine into the black seekins lower, but the burn bronze lower you can see the hole appears smaller...

seekins.jpg

Anyone else ran into this??

Here's a link to a BIG picture... Difficult to see the smaller pictures on here with the size restrictions.

http://i41.tinypic.com/30krtox.png
    Last edited by flynnstone; 11-10-13 at 16:15.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flynnstone View Post
    I've been trying to wrap up this Seekins lower build out, and came across an issue with the rear takedown pin hole, which sits under the grip. After taking out the .0050 allen screw, the detent and detent spring are too big to fit. I at first thought the detent may be out of spec (CMMG parts), but it fits fine into a second Seekins lower i have here.

Here's a picture. The detent/spring fits fine into the black seekins lower, but the burn bronze lower you can see the hole appears smaller...

seekins.jpg

Anyone else ran into this??

Here's a link to a BIG picture... Difficult to see the smaller pictures on here with the size restrictions.

http://i41.tinypic.com/30krtox.png
    I would contact Seekins Precision. Also, I wouldn't assume that the problem is the lower, being that you are using a CMMG parts kit.

Feedback Score
    Its obviously a problem with the lower and not the parts kit. I'm sure Glen will make it right.