Thread: FA/SA bolt carries and H buffers?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

FA/SA bolt carries and H buffers?

Hey guys I was just wondering how much a difference FA BCGs and H buffers make in the cycling of m4s. I bought a SA BCG without knowing any better and my LMT came with a carbine buffer. I'm wondering if it is worth while to switch the components over.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat.c View Post
    Hey guys I was just wondering how much a difference FA BCGs and H buffers make in the cycling of m4s. I bought a SA BCG without knowing any better and my LMT came with a carbine buffer. I'm wondering if it is worth while to switch the components over.
    Pat there really isn't much difference in weight in the newer shrouded semi auto carriers vs. full auto M16 carriers. Not like there was with 1/2 Colt unshrouded semi carriers vs. M16 carriers.

You're semi carrier will be fine in your LMT with a CAR buffer using .223 Rem SAAMI spec ammo. After 5K+ rounds you might want to go to an H buffer. LMT runs their gas ports pretty small, not until the gas port has eroded open a little would you need a heavier buffer. If however you'll either be shooting steady supply of 5.56mm NATO pressure ammo all the time and/or running a suppressor most or all of the time would you need to go heavier right now.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    i did the same thing with my LMT(SA carrier).

i did add the Hbuffer(easy install and arround $20,i figured why not?),it seemed to smooth things out a bit,but that could be in my head.i mostly shoot 5.56(75gr TAP and M193),but i havent had any issues with the 75gr Partizan in .223.