Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 18" Rifle Length Gas Barrel Options?

Feedback Score
    Sweet rifle

The 69gr MK should work great don't forget the 77 mk with Varget or TAC or AR Comp

Feedback Score
    Well here is my first attempt at a ladder test with Sierra 69 gr. Match Kings with Varget and CCI BR4 primers. It didn't go very well because after I shot 8 shots I broke one of the legs on the plastic chair I was using. Anyway the numbers are not correct that I wrote on the target. The 1st. group was 5 shots and I couldn't see them very well because they were in the black so I drove down to see where they were hitting. I started out shooting 24.0 thru 24.4 grains which made a pretty small group. Then I shot 3 more which were 24.5-24.7 grains which I pulled the last one. Then after driving back I broke one of the legs trying to move the chair while sitting in it. (DAMN). The rest of the shots were not good because I couldn't hold steady with a 3 legged chair.

In conclusion I have read that others have had excellent luck with 24 grains of Varget and it looks like it works good with my new 18" WOA upper. My first 5 shots were less than 1/2".
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gt40; 07-15-14 at 18:09.

Feedback Score
    Why not go with the Crane Blueprint for the MK 12

Rifle length gas tube with Douglas Prem 1-7 MK 12 barrel

Compass Eng. has the correct barrel

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I've got a Noveske 17" JLZ barrel with rifle length gas system enroute soon from MSTN. Married to a MUR with a headspaced bolt, it should be an absolute laser. Toss on an SLR adjustable gas block and it should fit the practicality needs for a mostly suppressed rifle (but not all the time).
    Will post pictures and range report when it comes in.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackWatch16 View Post
    I've got a Noveske 17" JLZ barrel with rifle length gas system enroute soon from MSTN. Married to a MUR with a headspaced bolt, it should be an absolute laser. Toss on an SLR adjustable gas block and it should fit the practicality needs for a mostly suppressed rifle (but not all the time).
    Is this a true rifle gas or the Noveske/MSTN intermediate?

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackWatch16 View Post
    Why the SLR gas block and not a Switchblock? My 18" SPR with rifle gas and Switchblock is great. I have an A1 stock on it and it is very Smith with or without a can.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I want to use a 15" BCM KMR rail, which doesn't fit over a switchblock. Love the SB but that's its downside.
    more rail length = more bipod stability = better accuracy

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    DocSherm:

did u get MSTN's LMT Bolt or did u just buy a standard Noveske bolt? looking to maybe RECCE or SPR my current BCM BFH KMR Upper. Wondering what to do on the bolt, since I want to install this one myself to gain the experience and save a little money in the process.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Looking for an accurate light-ish weight 18" for 3 gun, any suggestions?

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast