Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diamondback Tactical Fast Attack Plate Carrier (FAPC)

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Diamondback Tactical Fast Attack Plate Carrier (FAPC)

I was wondering if anyone was using the DBT Fast Attack Plate Carrier (FAPC) and had any pics of their loadout.

I read the excellent review at Military Morons (http://www.militarymorons.com/equipm...ctive.html#dbt) and think the GEN1 FAPC would meet my requirements. I'm looking for a relatively simple, low profile plate carrier without a cumberbund (though its nice you can add one later). Unfortunately, I haven't found many pics of this carrier out there.

I'm looking to mount a three AR magazine shingle and a double pistol mag pouch, but I'm wondering if the 5 rows of MOLLE don't provide enough real estate. I want to keep the front as flat as possible, so I don't want to have to double stack magazines. I was hoping to have the row of three AR mags close to my waist, and the double pistol pouch higher up on my chest. Is this doable with the FAPC?

Thanks for any input.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I have one in multicam that I got back in early 07. It works very good. As an option I used the low-vis rack they have as well so I didn't have to have shit on the carrier. I have one pic and don't know if it will help or not. I'll send it via email.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I was wondering if anyone was using the DBT Fast Attack Plate Carrier (FAPC) and had any pics of their loadout.

I read the excellent review at Military Morons (http://www.militarymorons.com/equipm...ctive.html#dbt) and think the GEN1 FAPC would meet my requirements. I'm looking for a relatively simple, low profile plate carrier without a cumberbund (though its nice you can add one later). Unfortunately, I haven't found many pics of this carrier out there.

I'm looking to mount a three AR magazine shingle and a double pistol mag pouch, but I'm wondering if the 5 rows of MOLLE don't provide enough real estate. I want to keep the front as flat as possible, so I don't want to have to double stack magazines. I was hoping to have the row of three AR mags close to my waist, and the double pistol pouch higher up on my chest. Is this doable with the FAPC?

Thanks for any input.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    You can't receive emails from members.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Whoops, fixed that. Thanks for offering to send the pic - should go through now.

Did some more research tonight - found this pic on lightfighter...perhaps my concerns are unfounded, though it looks almost as if the pistol magazine pouch is under the M4 pouch...

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    there's not enough room to put pistol mag pouches above the rifle pouches on the FAPC. personally, i'd stick the pistol mag pouches on your belt on your waist. i've found that pistol mag pouches mounted right below your chin aren't the easiest for extracting the mags, plus they interfere with extracting the rifle mags from the pouches below.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    there's not enough room to put pistol mag pouches above the rifle pouches on the FAPC. personally, i'd stick the pistol mag pouches on your belt on your waist. i've found that pistol mag pouches mounted right below your chin aren't the easiest for extracting the mags, plus they interfere with extracting the rifle mags from the pouches below.
    I run three main double mag pouches(Eagle Ind)http://www.eagleindustries.com/prd_d...48&SubCatID=48 w/ flaps centered with two single mag pouches(TAG)http://www.tacticalassaultgearstore....S&Category=202 to the left that have pistol mags attached to the outside.

Works great for me and without them attached to the outside of the rifle mag pouches, I would have a hard time getting to them on my belt.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    Thanks, this is exactly what I needed to know. I know the FAPC is a smaller plate carrier - usually when wearing a carrier I have to get gear off of my belt as the carrier tends to interfere - especially when I'm seated. From your comments, it sounds like the FAPC still allows you to get to your waistline.

Perhaps I should be looking for a low profile carrier with a bit more MOLLE real estate. Anyone have a recommendation? The Eagle MOLLE carrier looks like a possibility, as does the Tactical Tailor.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Whoops, fixed that. Thanks for offering to send the pic - should go through now.

Did some more research tonight - found this pic on lightfighter...perhaps my concerns are unfounded, though it looks almost as if the pistol magazine pouch is under the M4 pouch...
    the pistol mag pouches look like they're only attached by their lower half; or they just mount higher than regular pouches. with the pistol mag pouches i have, it would require one more row of PALS webbing to mount them.

i've also done something similar to what grappler described - two double M4 pouches plus one of my 6o4 pistol mag pouches on the FAPC (total 4 rifle mags and 4 pistol mags) - mounted side by side.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    From your comments, it sounds like the FAPC still allows you to get to your waistline.
    check out this pic - i'm wearing the FAPC without cummerbund and the pistol mags on the battle belt are very accessible (username and password are both 'mm' to view pic):
    http://www.militarymorons.com/equipment/img/fapc23.jpg

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I also have the Multi-cam FAPC Gen 1 with the level 3A cummerbund here in Iraq.
    I haven't used it a whole lot- I am still waiting on the 3A armor inserts for behind the plates. Quality is excellent.
    Prior to getting the cummerbund I did what someone already mentioned; had a low vis LV3 mollee rack with the built in mag pouches to slip over it but got sick of having the straps dig into my neck.
    I don't have any pics yet but if I'm not working tomorrow maybe I can get some up for you.

If you are going to get one, wait for the FAPC Gen 2 to come out- I called DBT and they are excepting orders but they are still about 30 days out...which may be longer knowing the industry.

PM me if you have any other specific questions,
    Dave
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast