Thread: Turning Glock 22 into a 9mm, Question

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

Turning Glock 22 into a 9mm, Question

I picked up a like new gen 3 G22 .40 from a family member. I have pretty much switched completely over to 9mm and was wondering about replacing the complete upper slide assembly on this pistol. Would this and a 9mm ejector make my pistol pretty much a G17? If so, besides a factory Glock 17 complete slide assembly, are there any aftermarket slide assemblies that you would recommend for HD, EDC use?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    A friend of mine uses one of these with excellent results:

https://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=974

Feedback Score
    I carry a G23 and when doing range demo's or training I switch to a Glock OEM 9mm barrel. I haven't had any feed issues and use Glock 9mm mags. I didn't switch the ejector or extractor as some might suggest. Having said that I don't carry it as the primary system. Just use the 9mm to not beat the gun or my hands up from the 40.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    If you are going to carry the gun, change the ejector and the entire slide assembly and it WILL be the EXACT same thing as a G17.

If you are just going to practice with it, changing the barrel can work just fine. Note, i said can.

There are SOME dimensional differences between the breechfaces of the 9mm and .40 slides and there can be issues with simply dropping in 9mm barrels.
    You are a genuine toolbag if you have your EDC "loadout" in your signature line...

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    If you are going to carry the gun, change the ejector and the entire slide assembly and it WILL be the EXACT same thing as a G17.

If you are just going to practice with it, changing the barrel can work just fine. Note, i said can.

There are SOME dimensional differences between the breechfaces of the 9mm and .40 slides and there can be issues with simply dropping in 9mm barrels.
    That's what I was looking for, thanks! I'll start looking for a slide assembly

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I used the 9mm barrel from lonewolf and it works well. I also second the switching of extractors. I broke one after a few hundred rounds. The .40 extractor is dimensionally different than the 9mm and it didn't last. It's an easy change but you need to be aware of the possibility of failure.
    "Run fast. Shoot straight. Die proud." -Boba Fett

Trample the weak. Hurdle the dead.

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems." -Ryan Job