Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the Glock 30S "ready for prime time?"

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    I guess that's why Glock let the idea sit for a few years so that they could take credit for working with yet another "elite law enforcement unit" to develop the concept.

We've been asking for a full size, single stack, .45acp for years now as well (aka full size 36). I guess when "They" think of the idea, it may come to reality.

Of course with millions of pistols on backorder right now, they are too busy to entertain new concepts at the moment.
    I was informed that Glock is currently developing a 5" .45 for competition shooters with a slimmer frame.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    I was informed that Glock is currently developing a 5" .45 for competition shooters with a slimmer frame.
    Probably come to production same time as the carbine and single stack 9mm.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brickboy240 View Post
    Actually, yes....just buying a G30 has crossed my mind. Although the slide is still on the chunky side.

It might actually be easier for me to FIND a G30 because the G30S is hard to find around here for some reason.

I actually like the thinned slide of the G36 and the wider frame/grip of the G30. Maybe with the right holster, I could hide a G30 as well as the 30S..who knows?

I run a G19 in a Raven Phantom holster and have NO problems hiding that...I would need to research hiding the G30 in the same style holster...but nope...the G30 is definitely not out of the running for me at all.

-brickboy240
    Because of the thinner slide profile of the Glock 30S, it fits in Glock 19/23/32 holsters.

Feedback Score
    I heard it's a .45GAP version of the Glock 34/35.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I owned a 36 for several years, it was reliable and accurate. I just couldn't figure out where to put my pinky. I ended up selling it a couple years ago.

I always said if Glock ever made a "full-size" 36, I'd put away my 1911.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
    Up men! Up! And to your posts! Let no man forget today that he is from Old Virginia! - General George Pickett

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiet View Post
    I heard it's a .45GAP version of the Glock 34/35.
    I thought the GAP was only used by a couple of agencies and would otherwise be in the throes of death...maybe I was misinformed.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Because of the thinner slide profile of the Glock 30S, it fits in Glock 19/23/32 holsters.
    This is highly dependent on the molding of the holster. Enough that the industry needs to stop advertising that these guns share holsters.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brushy bill View Post
    I thought the GAP was only used by a couple of agencies and would otherwise be in the throes of death...maybe I was misinformed.
    5 state law enforcement agencies still use it. Most recent is the Florida Highway Patrol which adopted the Glock 37Gen4 about 2 years ago.
    In addition, Glock says about 80 local law enforcement agencies through out the USA use it.

Feedback Score
    I have no knowledge of the street worthiness of the G30S, but I'll throw this in the mix. In my experience, the "concealabilty" of a given platform is MOST dependent on the size of the pistol's grip (the slide, in an IWB holster, makes basically no difference). So, I'm not sure what the advantage of the 30S would be from a concealment perspective EXCEPT it might be more comfortable for IWB carry due to the slimmer slide. When I carried a G30 as an off-duty gun, I always found that the overall width of the pistol and, even more, the magazines, were a significant limiting factor - and neither of these things change in the G30S...

Of course, this is one man's opinion, and worth precisely what you paid for it!

Regards,

Kevin

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    It does not fit in kydex or hybrid holster very well at all. I have a 30s and have tried it in all of my holsters for the 19. Because the frame is wider it gets wedged in the holster and doesn't want to come out of kydex very well. The all leather holsters have a enough give that they work well with the 30s. Do NOT order a holster for a 19/23/32 expecting that it will fit the 30s, chances are unless it is all leather it won't. I know this from experience.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
    - Thomas Jefferson

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast