Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Is the Glock 30S "ready for prime time?"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have an old faithful holster. It's iwb similar to a crossbreed holster. It was for an fnp9 but I was able to order just the 30s kydex shell to swap out for the fnp shell. I can post pics up when it gets here if anyone is interested.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    This is a 36 slide on a Gen 4 29/30 frame. I like it. Got a Galco FLETCH for a 30 coming.

If Glock starts making a 21 with a slim slide a la the 36, 30S, and 41 I'm getting one.

Size comparison (not my photo or guns):

Feedback Score
    The few times I've fired G30s's I was impressed. It was a little snappier than the G30 but still very manageable.

I'm with the group that will buy a Gen4 model if they become available. I like the 9mm best, but enjoy shooting the .45 on occasion.

jvg
    Cogito, ergo armatum sum.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I like the idea of a G19 sized .45. I wish Glock would have made the 30S with mags that fit flush with the grip. They could have lengthened the grip and not increased the size of the gun. Its too easy to pinch my hand when I reload with the current set up. This makes the 30S a no go for me

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by signal4l View Post
    I like the idea of a G19 sized .45. I wish Glock would have made the 30S with mags that fit flush with the grip. They could have lengthened the grip and not increased the size of the gun. Its too easy to pinch my hand when I reload with the current set up. This makes the 30S a no go for me
    Pinching can be avoided by reloading with full size 13rd mags which also have the advantage of more bullets, likely a useful advantage if reloading becomes necessary ☺

Why carry extra mags with less rounds anyways?

Dennis.

Feedback Score
    I agree that I would have liked to have seen the G30S come with a "compact" grip and flush-fitting magazine rather than the "subcompact" grip and extended magazine. I also don't get why Glock chose to give the 29/30 a shorter slide and barrel than the 19/23 - all in all, I'd be happier with a pistol that mirrored the G19's dimensions except for grip width.

Having said all that, my G30S has been flawless through about 1000 rounds now. It is snappier in recoil than the G30 I used to have, but still more pleasant to shoot, IMHO, than my G23 (and forget the G27). My sample of one is exceptionally accurate as well, much more mechanically accurate than the G19 I carry as a daily duty pistol...

Regards,

Kevin

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Pinching can be avoided by reloading with full size 13rd mags which also have the advantage of more bullets, likely a useful advantage if reloading becomes necessary ☺

Why carry extra mags with less rounds anyways?

Dennis.
    Valid point. However, I still wish it had a grip the same length as a G19

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by signal4l View Post
    Valid point. However, I still wish it had a grip the same length as a G19
    Yes, that would make a lot of sense.

Dennis.

Feedback Score
    I have been carrying my 30S for about 6 months with no problems. Went from an LCP (380) to LC9 (9mm) but both seemed "not enough". I have a G21 (gen 2) that I love (carried it "Jeepin" for years). It was too much for CCW. For whatever reason, when I picked up the 30S, it just "fit" me. I instantly fell in love with it and have been carrying it ever since. For me it was the 45ACP (10+1), the 45ACP felt more adequate, the feel of the piece in my hand, and the fact that I love the platform - it just works (period). I did the research and everyone loved it that used it - me too. Mine is (24x7x365) either on my hip, on the desk next to me, or on the nightstand.
    Last edited by jrd; 11-09-14 at 22:01.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456