Thread: Carpenter 158 Vs. 9310

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    Who is 'We'?
    Yes who IS we?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by eperk View Post
    No you aren't missing anything. That's what happens after two bloody marys on my day off. My apologies.
    Only TWO!?! LOL...
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 556BlackRifle View Post
    Only TWO!?! LOL...
    Yeah Didn't have lunch. Well actually I did, I'm sure there is nutritional value in Bloody Marys.

Feedback Score
    Yeah Didn't have lunch. Well actually I did, I'm sure there is nutritional value in Bloody Marys.
    Well, if you used V8 then you got at least one daily serving of vegetables!
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    How does PSA sell their top of the line BCG (No logo) for such a low price? It's 158 steel, MPI/HPT tested, etc. I currently am using (2) in my AR's and they have operated flawlessly!

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-5...ogo-39339.html
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AR-556 View Post
    How does PSA sell their top of the line BCG (No logo) for such a low price? It's 158 steel, MPI/HPT tested, etc. I currently am using (2) in my AR's and they have operated flawlessly!

Just because its made of carpenter 158 doesnt mean its made properly. PSA gets their parts from wherever and whom ever has them available, you are basically rolling the dice with them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Just because its made of carpenter 158 doesnt mean its made properly. PSA gets their parts from wherever and whom ever has them available, you are basically rolling the dice with them.
    What he said.

Feedback Score
    What he said.
    Yet, Battlefield Las Vegas uses a good number of PSA bolts and as nothing but good to say about them....

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AR-556 View Post
    1) The price isn't too shocking when you can get Toolcraft for about the same price.

2) I strongly suspect that some of the market players with big financial backing are in a mode to keep selling product even at a loss, obviously keeping the loss small, in the hopes of out-lasting the financially weaker players and still being in business when the market turns again, either due to "gun control" proposals, social scares, or just a thinner market due to widespread bankruptcies.

Now I suspect PSA still makes some profit at $80/bcg, but let's say they were instead losing $3/bcg at that price - if they have enough financing, that might make sense to stay a big player and hopefully recover the profit when the market changes.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    You state this as fact... What is your source?

How do you know where they get their BCGs?

I don't use PSA parts, but get a bit tired of unfounded/unprovable statements.

I do use Toolcraft BCGs, and have never paid more than $90. You don't have to pay $175-200 to get a quality BCG.

I've bought DD for not much more than $100, before the run up. They just never came down... I'm pretty sure inflation does not account for the difference.

With Colt OEMs available locally for $650, exactly what do you think a quality, milspec BCG should run? Hint: it's not 25-30% of a complete 6920 OEM.

Not a defense of PSA BCGs, just the idea that if it's inexpensive somehow it's automatically questionable.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast